From the edge of the universe, looking in, level of magnification?

Just seen this video of the deepest Mandelbrot Set zoom ever (2.1x10^275), check it out here:

If I was at the very edge of the universe, looking back towards planet earth, though a perfect telescope, with a magnification level of 2.1x10^275, what would I see?

The earth?

The UK?

Sheffield?

Your house?

Window on side of your house?

You?

Your hand?

Atom on back of your hand?

Inside the atom?

Whatever was in the position of the Earth when light bounced off/ passed through that point however many billions of years ago that it has taken for that light to travel that far.

It's a theoretical hypothetical situation, where there is clear line of side from the edge of the universe, going through time and space, in the direction of your hand.

Or, let's just say it's using it's own light source there and back, that travels at infinite speed...

---------- Post added 17-05-2014 at 15:45 ----------

I'm just curious regarding the relative levels of magnification involved. If the level of magnification on the fractal video, would be more or less, than the level of magnification from the furthest extent of the universe back to earth.

Just seen this video of the deepest Mandelbrot Set zoom ever (2.1x10^275), check it out here:

If I was at the very edge of the universe, looking back towards planet earth, though a perfect telescope, with a magnification level of 2.1x10^275, what would I see?

The earth?

The UK?

Sheffield?

Your house?

Window on side of your house?

You?

Your hand?

Atom on back of your hand?

Inside the atom?

How can anyone answer this without knowing how big the universe is? Perhaps the answer is infinity divided by 2.1x10^275!!!!

Thanks coop.

Don't they work it out based on the age of the universe and the speed of expansion?

---------- Post added 17-05-2014 at 17:34 ----------

Let's use the power of 10 video to compare:

So, if we are 100 million light years from earth, looking back towards home, using the magnification level stated in the OP, what do you see?

I would guess, you'd be way in to the atom. The scales used in the fractal video, probably dwarf the universe in to insignificance.

I would guess, you'd be way in to the atom. The scales used in the fractal video, probably dwarf the universe in to insignificance.

Definitely. Fractal deep zooming quickly passes the "larger than the universe" milestone, long before things start slowing down, computationally.

I notice he took 7 months solid to render it on a 12 core box.

Space.com says the universe is around 92 billion light-years in diameter. This equates to about 8e26 metres. Quarked.org says a quark, possibly the smallest subatomic particle, is about 10e-18 metres in diameter. So the difference in size between a quark and the universe is about 10e44. This means that the level of magnification in the mandelbrot video is much, Much, *MUCH* more than the difference between a quark and the universe.

Archived