Men of S yorks - do you 'preen'?

my daughter (rather cruelly I thought) just called me a 'preener'!!

in the morning I wash face with soap and then shave - use a cleanser to remove shaving goo, shower, moisturize (with E45 - nowt dear - it's all the same greasy stuff), hair mousse and a spritz of cologne (favourite is davidoff cool water).

Is this unusual? am I a 'preener'? - offspring reckons men of my age (early 50s) just shave shower and offski. Is she right? My masculinity is at stake here!!!!

I cut my toenails last week if that counts as 'preening'? ... I think that they were toenails anyway, it's where most people have them ... if not, they were my distal phalanges poking through.

My only defence being that it saves on sock wear and makes it easier to walk upright (or indeed bipedally, as opposed to quadrupedalistically).

Is this unusual? am I a 'preener'? - offspring reckons men of my age (early 50s) just shave shower and offski. Is she right? My masculinity is at stake here!!!!

You still got hair in your fifties? Luxury :D

I cut my toenails last week if that counts as 'preening'? ... I think that they were toenails anyway, it's where most people have them ... if not, they were my distal phalanges poking through.

My only defence being that it saves on sock wear and makes it easier to walk upright (or indeed bipedally, as opposed to quadrupedalistically).

but do you moisturize? use mousse? wash? wipe your bum?

---------- Post added 18-05-2014 at 18:51 ----------

You still got hair in your fifties? Luxury :D

full head joker - mallen streak and white sideburns but no scalp showing (yet) - I reckon the mousse has stuck it in.

in the morning I wash face with soap and then shave - use a cleanser to remove shaving goo, shower, moisturize (with E45 - nowt dear - it's all the same greasy stuff), hair mousse and a spritz of cologne (favourite is davidoff cool water).

Not so much a preener but moisturiser? men don't do that surely? admit Cool Water is nice & have had a blast of mousse once or twice, if going out but daily no way Pedro.

Archived