Men of S yorks - do you 'preen'?

Does E45 really do all that? Must pop down to Boots tomorrow!

any form of grease does - makes the skin more elastic and supple - dipping your hand in the chip pan and rubbing it on would probably do the same.

---------- Post added 18-05-2014 at 21:53 ----------

Nothing wrong with plucking hairs, it's just hair management. If you go to the barbers and you think plucking hairs is wrong then you're a hypocrite.

Also, moisturising, I don't do it myself on my face because my skin is already quite oily, but if you've got dry skin, that could lead to cracking which is painful and if you don't want to moisturise just because you think it's feminine and risk uncomfortably dry skin then you're an idiot.

Hair mousse, if anyone can tell me why it's so different to clay or gel then go ahead. At the end of the day with all these young spunks swarming about you need a USP to gain a market share. Like, some people would consider wearing a tie a valid form of effort making but not making your hair look presentable with product. How does that work?

I'm sure in days gone by they'd have considered deodorant to be -insert antiquated term for metrosexual here- but now if you don't use it, you're a tramp.

wise words indeed, I work with a hippy who doesn't agree with anti perspirant cos he thinks it causes cancer and asthma - it doesn't and he stinks. he doesn't moisturize either I'm guessing. He's not a preener, he's a minger.

So preening then, following by dragging your butt around town on Friday and Saturday nights wearing a T shirt, jeans and cheap shoes. It kinda sums up the mentality of most of the UK public youth

So preening then, following by dragging your butt around town on Friday and Saturday nights wearing a T shirt, jeans and cheap shoes. It kinda sums up the mentality of most of the UK public youth

I'm 52 and therefore not public youth - I was asking around at work today - interestingly, moisturizing seems to be an old codger thing - young men still have naturally supple and elastic skin and (according to nicola re her boyfriend) so greasy skinned that E45 would cause an oilslick.

---------- Post added 19-05-2014 at 19:00 ----------

It's cheaper in Wilkinson's, Superdrug or Bodycare on the Moor.

serious savings on E 45 at Lloyds at the moment.

It's cheaper in Wilkinson's, Superdrug or Bodycare on the Moor.

I'm 52 and therefore not public youth - I was asking around at work today - interestingly, moisturizing seems to be an old codger thing - young men still have naturally supple and elastic skin and (according to nicola re her boyfriend) so greasy skinned that E45 would cause an oilslick.

---------- Post added 19-05-2014 at 19:00 ----------

serious savings on E 45 at Lloyds at the moment.

Wished I 'd read this thread this morning before setting off. On my way to work I popped into Boots and bought some E45! Still I know for next time.

I got a bit sunburnt yesterday so put some on today and it has certainly relieved the soreness :cool:

Wished I 'd read this thread this morning before setting off. On my way to work I popped into Boots and bought some E45! Still I know for next time.

I got a bit sunburnt yesterday so put some on today and it has certainly relieved the soreness :cool:

the runny stuff in the big pumpy bottle is the way to go mr M - not only will it soothe your sunburn, it will give you a youthful, smooth face that'll attract the lasses/lads - since discovering it, I've been overwhelmed by women half my age competing for my favours and have increased my salary by 47%...........

(are you listening advert dept at E45?? free samples?? cash?? .. will tell more lies if the deal is good....)

I don't agree with a lot of your posts but you're spot on with this one!

been doing a survey of the young lads and lasses (about their blokes) - definite trends -

hippyish blokes don't preen, they wash and comb, but they don't cleanse, moisturize or perfume.

trendy blokes under 30 preen like hell and spend ££s on more expensive products but they don't moisturize.

trendier blokes over 30 moisturize and they use dearer greasy water - they believe the hype (they also claim some medical reason - self diagnosed skin disorders)

hippy-ish type middle aged blokes (which kinda includes me I suppose) moisturize cos we see our faces falling down, dangly bits appearing round the chin/jaw eyes bagging etc, we don't spend big money and go for cheapo (and exactly equally effective) greasy water.

do I get a phd for my research?

been doing a survey of the young lads and lasses (about their blokes) - definite trends -

hippyish blokes don't preen, they wash and comb, but they don't cleanse, moisturize or perfume.

trendy blokes under 30 preen like hell and spend ££s on more expensive products but they don't moisturize.

trendier blokes over 30 moisturize and they use dearer greasy water - they believe the hype (they also claim some medical reason - self diagnosed skin disorders)

hippy-ish type middle aged blokes (which kinda includes me I suppose) moisturize cos we see our faces falling down, dangly bits appearing round the chin/jaw eyes bagging etc, we don't spend big money and go for cheapo (and exactly equally effective) greasy water.

do I get a phd for my research?

Would that be a 'Personal Hygiene diploma'

Archived