Peppermint park / The Revolution / Decades nightclub Rotherham

Can anyone remember having epic nights out in what I think started out as peppermint park, then became the revolution and finally decades nightclub?

I have been searching google for old photos, or anything about them but cannot find anything. If anyone has any photos I would love to see them.

I first when there as a youngster to a pop and crisps afternoon in the 80's then went when I was 16 when it was The revolution. Ended up going every Thursday when I was at college, all bottles and pints were 70p, we used to get wrecked on a fiver :gag:

I moved away from Rotherham about 17 years ago and now live in Sheffield. I went back to Rotherham town centre a couple of years ago for a first aid course and noticed the sign above the door said Decades.

Searching google for decades nightclub seems to point to pop nightclubs website. Pop is in the old cinema, I am wondering if the people who ran decades decided to move across the road and rename themselves.

Had some great nights out in Rotherham when I was a student. We used to go in feofis, high bar, cross keys, but mainly in Revolution. Not sure who owns it now but would like to find out as would love to go and have a look around to see what it looks like now. I am assuming it is closed down and there appears to be no record on the internet of a decades nightclub on ship hill in Rotherham. It's most likely a dump inside but I have a thing about abandoned nightclubs / theme parks and the like, find them quite intriguing.

If anyone has any old photos or can share any memories that would be great.

---------- Post added 29-05-2014 at 15:08 ----------

Does anyone know if there is a Rotherham forum I could post this as I seem to be the only Rotherham ex pat who remembers this place :-)

Archived