The Sunday Times "Rich List"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27459621

Great news it is: Some of them have done very well for themselves and for the country as a whole. Good on them staying here and paying taxes here to support those less fortunate (or even too idle to work) than themselves.

There are quite a few foreigners, but Beckham and Oliver stand out as boys done good.

I do however deeply resent the inventors of Candy Crush having all that money ;) Infuriatingly addictive.

There are over 100 billionaires living in Britain, most of them in London.

They don't come here for the weather, I wonder if it's anything to do with our lax, loophole riddled tax laws...?

Can't be that. They'd go to Switzerland or Belize or some other tax haven.

Could be because there are so many foreigners in UK. Makes them feel at home.

Can't be that. They'd go to Switzerland or Belize or some other tax haven.

Could be because there are so many foreigners in UK. Makes them feel at home.

It is that though, These people don't have a bank account here, that would be in Switzerlannd or the Cayman isles, what they have here is an easy way to access those accounts whilst being able to splash the cash in London.

There are over 100 billionaires living in Britain, most of them in London.

They don't come here for the weather, I wonder if it's anything to do with our lax, loophole riddled tax laws...?

London is an excellent place to spend obscene amounts of money and show off wealth. If I had that sort of money I'd live in New York.

It's no surprise that the rich on the list have increased their wealth substantially the cost of virtually everything has gone through the roof for purposes of greed alone whilst us at the bottom squabble with one another about how these increased costs are justified. Just read any old thread on here where someone complains of high prices and its a microcosm of the current British point of view.

Very sad really.

London is an excellent place to spend obscene amounts of money and show off wealth. If I had that sort of money I'd live in New York.

Great! Let them come here and spend as much money as possible. More VAT in our coffers and even more stamp duty.

---------- Post added 19-05-2014 at 09:32 ----------

It's no surprise that the rich on the list have increased their wealth substantially the cost of virtually everything has gone through the roof for purposes of greed alone whilst us at the bottom squabble with one another about how these increased costs are justified. Just read any old thread on here where someone complains of high prices and its a microcosm of the current British point of view.

Very sad really.

I though candy crush was free? If you want it to be.

You don't have to eat in Jamie's restaurant either - you could go to McD and have a happy meal. Or stay at home and cook it yourself