The Conservative Party - all discussion here please.

Even more hardship for most if these chumps seize power again http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/george-osborne-vows-slash-spending-2993311

Good. That's how you fix a deficit. Stop spending.

We are moving into a very different generation of pensioners now. Many have much more disposable income than your average full time worker and would not miss a winter fuel allowance or freebie bus pass. My mum and stepfather are both approaching their 70s and have never stepped foot on a bus in 40 years - they have a better car x2, better holidays and more pocket money than me and my partner and we both work 40+ hours a week.

Its time to stop banging on about pensioners as if they are all some destitute protected party. MANY of them of not. The ones that are get access to same help as every other person in need.

We are moving into a very different generation of pensioners now. Many have much more disposable income than your average full time worker and would not miss a winter fuel allowance or freebie bus pass. My mum and stepfather are both approaching their 70s and have never stepped foot on a bus in 40 years - they have a better car x2, better holidays and more pocket money than me and my partner and we both work 40+ hours a week.

Its time to stop banging on about pensioners as if they are all some destitute protected party. MANY of them of not. The ones that are get access to same help as every other person in need.

Well put, those who have worked, saved invested wisely in their homes and their future are reaping the benefit.

It may well be that future generations will not receive the generous state benefits that we take for granted. This being the case, they should start saving now.

• 1 month later...

I see Osborne has, at last, admitted the economy is pants under his guidance - "George Osborne says Labour's policies are "built on sand" - arguing that the NHS cannot be properly funded unless the economy is working properly"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-29407670

---------- Post added 29-09-2014 at 12:26 ----------

Oh right, that must be why borrowing is up then

Guess why borrowing is up...? Because we hava structural deficit in the economy. Why is that?

Labour's policies are "built on sand"

and in fact were built on sand which is why it went spectacularly wrong.

Guess what? To get a deficit under control you have to stop spending.... until you do that the deficit exists and borrowing goes up. We are getting the deficit under control despite Labours incessant whining and once that's done, we can start reducing the borrowing.

I know it's not easy - considering that you though the economy was halved in March 2012 :hihi: but remember that the deficit and the debt and borrowing are different things... it'll help you unravel the trickier bits of the Labour spin and lies...

Guess why borrowing is up...? Because we hava structural deficit in the economy. Why is that?

and in fact were built on sand which is why it went spectacularly wrong.

Guess what? To get a deficit under control you have to stop spending.... until you do that the deficit exists and borrowing goes up. We are getting the deficit under control despite Labours incessant whining and once that's done, we can start reducing the borrowing.

I know it's not easy - considering that you though the economy was halved in March 2012 :hihi: but remember that the deficit and the debt and borrowing are different things... it'll help you unravel the trickier bits of the Labour spin and lies...

March 2013 actually but don't let that put you off. So you also admit that borrowing is up and the deficit hasn't narrowed?

the Tories are very worried about UKIP coming in and Labour gaining seats when their vote splits between them and UKIP.

they are also worried about Lib Dem seats where the Tories are 2nd holding up and not becoming Tory gains. All because a UKIP candidate is standing in the seat, and splitting the Tory vote.

they are very worried about it. Cameron pitched to the centre, just like he knows he has to do, if he is going to win a general election in Britain, but he stabbed to the right.