The Conservative Party - all discussion here please.

and what will you say when you suddenly find you need them as the UK falls further into dictatorship?

Eh? WHAT "dictatorship"? We ain't going to have one here.

BASIC human rights I don't mind, but based on common sense, though a lot of people seem to have forgotten that now.

:):)

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote

I will probably vote Conservative as I just think of Labour as a set of idiots and liars, Tony Blair certainly did it for me and his lies about Iraq. Personally I think the minimum wage has reduced wages as now firms just think oh I only need to pay£6.50 . Certainly it seems to have brought down secretarial wages over the last few years.

My arguement also is why would Labour ever want people to become well off, as the poor are their main voters so what would their gain be, its more a gain for the Conservatives if some one betters themselves.

Anyway, what I'd like to see are businesses paying their full whack of tax. Even if they're not based in the UK they should pay the full amount on their UK takings and preferably on turnover not pre-tax profit.

So a company like Vauhall which is owned by GM had a turnover of around £4billion in the UK, but made a loss last year as did the parent company in the USA. How much tax would you expect them to pay?

I will probably vote Conservative as I just think of Labour as a set of idiots and liars, Tony Blair certainly did it for me and his lies about Iraq. Personally I think the minimum wage has reduced wages as now firms just think oh I only need to pay£6.50 . Certainly it seems to have brought down secretarial wages over the last few years.

My arguement also is why would Labour ever want people to become well off, as the poor are their main voters so what would their gain be, its more a gain for the Conservatives if some one betters themselves.

Agree with what you say about Labour Powerage, but the tories have done nothing over the past four and a half years except talk a lot. They cannot "renegotiate" the EU Treaty (they have been told that by the EU a few times), and the "promised" referendum did not happen this parliament, and won't happen in 2017 either.

I'm fed up with both of them, and the LibDems are now a standing joke.

UKIP for me - let's have some drastic changes and a government that actually listens to the people!

:|:|

So a company like Vauhall which is owned by GM had a turnover of around £4billion in the UK, but made a loss last year as did the parent company in the USA. How much tax would you expect them to pay?

It depends what you mean by loss

hahaha yer what? What kind of an argument is that? Did you miss the bit where I said they'd be taxed on turnover? Maybe you think businesses should be exempt from taxation if they don't make a pre-tax profit? Do you think you shouldn't pay your mortgage for 2 weeks every summer when you fly off on holiday?

---------- Post added 08-10-2014 at 17:18 ----------

It is when income is less than expenditure.

Probably best to concede the tax on revenue idea was not your finest hour and to stop digging.

No, you can can class a loss as anything, that's why I sought clarification

hahaha yer what? What kind of an argument is that? Did you miss the bit where I said they'd be taxed on turnover? Maybe you think businesses should be exempt from taxation if they don't make a pre-tax profit? Do you think you shouldn't pay your mortgage for 2 weeks every summer when you fly off on holiday?

---------- Post added 08-10-2014 at 17:18 ----------

No, you can can class a loss as anything, that's why I sought clarification

How much tax do you expect them to pay?

Did you miss the bit where I said they'd be taxed on turnover?
I don't think many posters did :hihi:

Maybe you think businesses should be exempt from taxation if they don't make a pre-tax profit?
You do realise that's been standard corporate tax practice in the UK and pretty much the world over for decades and longer...right? :confused: