The Conservative Party - all discussion here please.

Regarding Labour chances, I noticed that the Mail did not seem to take into consideration their probable melt down in Scotland.

Even m ore so according to Alex Salmond this morning Alan!

:)

---------- Post added 26-10-2014 at 09:28 ----------

If it becomes more difficult for businesses to circumvent minimum wage laws then there may be an increase in prices. That is literally the price of having a minimum wage.

Fruit and veg prices are already a rip off! How can Sainsbury's sell a cabbage at £1.20 and Lidl at 59p? Who's making the killing - certainly not the farmers!

---------- Post added 26-10-2014 at 09:43 ----------

Quite true, but the point that the SNP may do very well in 2015 seems to indicate that its Labour who will suffer in Scotland thereby limiting their seats in Westminster.

Similarly, if UKIP do well, they will tend to damage the Tories more than Labour BUT, don't underestimate the damage they will do to Labour.

The Lib Dems are a dead parrot. Which, I suggest, is a shame because I believe they tried to act honorably in the coalition but have borne the brunt of voter anger.

I believe the Tories will scrape a victory, by about 15/20 seats.

Worst scenario? Tory/UKIP coalition. The nutters will take over.

Im a Tory

Couple of things Alan.

This mornings news says Labour are in meltdown in Scotland bearing out what you said in your first sentence.

UKIP can damage Labour as well as the Tories (a lot I hope!).

LibDems - I agree - their own fault for not sticking to their principles (and promises).

Tory/UKIP coalition? Why not? Substantially better than a Labour coalition with anybody!

---------- Post added 26-10-2014 at 09:47 ----------

Please ask the Tories and Labour about (a) TTIP which they support, and (b) splitting off some of Southern England to have a union with France, with their own flag? Which they also support!

You posted this in the Conservative party thread why??

Did you know that in 2013 the EU offered Cameron a no-strings donation of £22m to boost the rapidly growing food banks needed to help feed Britain's poorest families and Cameron said no?

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/dec/17/government-under-fire-eu-funding-food-banks

Edited by Mecky

Did you know that in 2013 the EU offered Cameron a no-strings donation of £22m to boost the rapidly growing food banks needed to help feed Britain's poorest families and Cameron said no?

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/dec/17/government-under-fire-eu-funding-food-banks

Normal then? Probably too busy working out his next ploy to con the electorate!

More loveable tory cuts to the disadvantaged are on the way http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29821696

Government is like a game of pass the parcel. Therefore there is no point blaming the one who tears of the latest wrapping to reveal a steaming turd that will need tidying up. You need to work backwards and identify who put the turd in there to properly apportion blame. Here's a clue... it was Labour.