The Conservative Party - all discussion here please.

To be clear Liam Byrne did write that letter saying that there was no money left - he admitted it, saying there was a long tradition of treasury ministers leaving such notes for their successors. Have a look here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22897412

I have little sympathy for Byrne. He criticises other Labour MPs if they dare show any backbone & stand up to the Tories and say something different to them, yet he leaves a stupid note like that which gives his opponents ammunition.

Have a read of this about Byrne, it sums up everything I think of him.

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/liam-byrne-labour-liability.html

Where is the letter? Has anyone shown it to the media so it can provided as a picture? No, they haven't. At no point did I say no such letter exists, I said people have no provided visual proof i.e. publishing the letter for all to see. And really, it's quite a pathetic argument because we all know borrowing increased after the 2008 global crash. So moving on, would anyone else like to comment on the posts made by myself and Del?

Did you say something? Because bobody is listening to you

Aaaw wassup? Did you find it tricky to refute the arguments so you resorted to abuse and insult?

I feel rather - offended by that. I thought you objected to causing offence though... or is that fine when it's people you disagree with hmm?

:roll:

---------- Post added 18-01-2015 at 14:30 ----------

Here you go... any chance you'll now shut up?

No - when you get to the point he can't duck the answer then he starts abusing you and insulting you and accusing you of everything under the sun. When you call him on that he mashes the report post button and claims you made him cry.

---------- Post added 18-01-2015 at 14:34 ----------

Where is the letter? Has anyone shown it to the media so it can provided as a picture? No, they haven't. At no point did I say no such letter exists, I said people have no provided visual proof i.e. publishing the letter for all to see. And really, it's quite a pathetic argument because we all know borrowing increased after the 2008 global crash. So moving on, would anyone else like to comment on the posts made by myself and Del?

The guy who found it has gone on the record about it to multiple papers.

The guy who wrote it has not said otherwise, despite having had many chances.

When asked about it ona non contentious interview he admitted he wrote it.

It's been published in every paper going it seems, all of which have checked the sources and still Mecky is sat there in Meckyland, fingers in the ear going waa-waa-waa-i'm-not-listening...

Why?

Because it diverts attention from what he doesnt want you to really discuss and what he's desperately trying to avoid admitting...

Labour Spent All The Money.

Prudence sold all the gold reserves.

They were caught on the hop with their pants down and no reserves and they spend the gold, and the silver, to the point there was only the firewood left - labour spent almost everything, but according to Mecky that didn't happen because no-ones seen the note... :roll:

Kind of says it all about the tories:

"PM on Pope comments: 'There is a right to cause offence'"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30869585

The PM is absolutely right. Its the price we pay for free speech. Sometimes someone somewhere will be offended by it. It becomes a legal issue if the context, publication or direction of a statement is inappropriate. However, the basic principle of free speech remains and so it should do.

I could not give a flying fig what the pope says or thinks. He is the head of an organisation which sole existence is based around a mythical spiritual being.

That comment maybe offensive to some right? Well I have freedom of speech to say it. Just as someone has freedom of speech to disagree and argue it.

Would you be all critical about it if Milliband had said it about the Pope's comments???

Would you???

Is it just because it was a tory saying it??

Edited by ECCOnoob

Causing offence is not a crime! It it was, no-one would be allowed to say anything for fear that someone would be offended at it.

There is hate speech though. I've been the victim of some pretty horrible abuse in the past & and have reported it to the police.

Here you go... any chance you'll now shut up?

Any chance of saying sorry Mecky?

---------- Post added 18-01-2015 at 18:08 ----------

Kind of says it all about the tories:

"PM on Pope comments: 'There is a right to cause offence'"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30869585

I think you forget all the Labour supporters who publically sang and danced when Thatcher died.

That caused offence.

Whether you liked her or not it was someone's mother.