The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Today's DM front page 2" headline is a doozy. Excellent example of what I'm talking about, pure unadulterated media bias: 'Corbyn's Trolls To Tory MP: Hope your baby dies.' Plus a 2 full inside page spread on this non-story.

I hate to tell the DM in case they don't know, but nasty trolls exist on the internet of all political colours

Now, who says they are Corbyn's trolls? He despises this as much as anyone, and has said so on many occasions. Where were the banner headlines saying that? (We do, of course, have mealy mouthed Theresa May's response in sub headings saying how much she deplores it.)

He has also publicly called for kinder, more respectful politics on many occasions, not just in the public domain, but particularly in the house of commons - and was laughed at, jeered and derided by the Tory benches - who also took advantage and tried to make mincemeat of him in the early days because he refused to stoop to their level and attack.

But no, people will see the headlines from a distance of 100 yards and the malign message will have done its job.

Actually Anna if you bothered to read the articles properly you would be aware that its Corbyn's actions in the house by demanding that hekcling MP should be "called out" and his fellow Labour MPs publicly naming them which is the catalyst for all this online abuse.

I further read that several of the vile postings are proudly displaying the hashtag "JC4PM" which is clearly of his his many disciple deluded cult groups.

I also have absolutely no doubt that his most powerful cult group Momentum had a hand in fuelling this torrent.

Jeering and Heckling in the house shouldn't be accepted I would agree but annonymous cat calls in debates is one thing, to turn it into a demand for open public abuse is a completely different thing.

You cannot honestly sit there are say that there is no evidence these are Corbyn's trolls. Its absolutely laughable.

It was CORBYN's own party MPs who threw the bucket of sludge and CORBYN's own support groups who have started the fans.

Edited by ECCOnoob

1. You don't seem to understand what a credible academic paper looks like. This isn't it. It's not up for discussion. It is a highly biased and very poor piece of interpretative work no matter how qualitative the core data might or might not be.

2. You can't hand wave the easily uncovered lies in the report by saying "it's by the LSE". It's not by the LSE, it's written by two people who teach at the LSE. Are you aware that the LSE does have a bit of a lefty reputation, and a bit of a track record of letting poor quality work out of the front door? Much of George Osborne's emergency budget nonsense was based on LSE work.

Your appeal to authority is misplaced and easily debunked. Sorry Anna.

please explain why you think it is biased?

---------- Post added 17-12-2017 at 13:42 ----------

Actually Anna if you bothered to read the articles properly you would be aware that its Corbyn's actions in the house by demanding that hekcling MP should be "called out" and his fellow Labour MPs publicly naming them which is the catalyst for all this online abuse.

I further read that several of the vile postings are proudly displaying the hashtag "JC4PM" which is clearly of his his many disciple deluded cult groups.

I also have absolutely no doubt that his most powerful cult group Momentum had a hand in fuelling this torrent.

Jeering and Heckling in the house should be accepted but annonymous cat calls in debates is one thing, to turn it into a demand for open public absuse is a completely different thing.

You cannot honestly sit there are say that there is no evidence these are Corbyn's trolls. Its absolutely laughable.

It was CORBYN's own party MPs who threw the bucket of sludge and CORBYN's own support groups who have started the fans.

so Corbyn states he wants the abuse to stop............and so its his fault? sorry i cant grasp your logic on that one

Jeering and Heckling in the house shouldn't be accepted I would agree but annonymous cat calls in debates is one thing, to turn it into a demand for open public abuse is a completely different thing.

And it was a right wing fascist who murdered Jo Cox, so according to your logic he was a Tory loving acolyte of David Cameron. Guilt by association you see. Anyone can play....

---------- Post added 17-12-2017 at 14:36 ----------

Dear god, and I thought that Cyclone / Halibut was the slowest kid in the class. :roll: Go read Page 1. I can't help you if you don't understand that.

Personal abuse. You see Tories seem to be good at it.

Edited by Anna B

Dear god, and I thought that Cyclone / Halibut was the slowest kid in the class. :roll: Go read Page 1. I can't help you if you don't understand that.

as i thought, nothing to offer only insults, i will ask you again why you think its biased, in your own words if you can manage that, theirs a good chap