The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

9 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Firstly.  Blimey, this Labour Party thread took some finding.  It's like we've forgotten about them entirely. 

Easier to find the 'Dodo' thread. 😁 

Anyway, I know he's admitted to wearing moisturiser but Keir Starmer is a hell of a long way from that 'We all want / the next Labour leader should be a Northern woman. 

https://labourlist.org/2020/02/labour-has-a-historic-opportunity-to-elect-a-woman-as-its-next-leader/

Maybe it’s because they’ve not been in power for a decade?

11 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Firstly.  Blimey, this Labour Party thread took some finding.  It's like we've forgotten about them entirely. 

Easier to find the 'Dodo' thread. 😁 

Anyway, I know he's admitted to wearing moisturiser but Keir Starmer is a hell of a long way from that 'We all want / the next Labour leader should be a Northern woman. 

https://labourlist.org/2020/02/labour-has-a-historic-opportunity-to-elect-a-woman-as-its-next-leader/

Or the truth told by Johnson or Trump threads.

And so the character assassinations begin :rolleyes:

Mi mate (whos a labour supporter, but also into conspiracy bobbins) just posted this

https://www.politicalite.com/lab/labour/new-leader-new-danger-keir-starmer-helped-paedophile-jimmy-saville-evade-justice

so i googled politicalelite, seems its a right wing, islamophobic, and yes full of conspiracy bobbins website, that supports the likes of Little Tommy Robinson etc

Keir Starmer is a thoughtful,well balanced ,pragmatic and statesmanlike individual.

I am sure that he will fulfil his immediate role in a difficult situation.

The Conservative Party has had no option but to become an apparently more caring and socially responsible organisation and in the fullness of time this will have to be continued.

The Labour Party exists to fight for this and it needed to distance itself from the baggage accumulated under Corbyn.

I wish that the U.S. had some similar influence over their erratic President

Will Sir Kier ever become PM?

I hope so, but I doubt it.

Let's examine the facts.

Firstly, he sounds like a Northerner, and you'd think that would count in his favour, given that we'll all be relying on foodbanks soon, but the ignorant folk of this fair county have made it quite clear we secretly want to be lorded over by a bunch of entitled, privileged, privately-school yobs who cut the Police force and NHS over the last decade, as long as we can openly hate on immigrants.

On the other hand, Sir Kier is titled, and went to Oxford as a postgrad, so will appeal to the landed gentry.

I doubt I'll ever vote for him though.  He studied at L**ds Uni.

Sorry Kier  😢

21 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Will Sir Kier ever become PM?

I hope so, but I doubt it.

Let's examine the facts.

Firstly, he sounds like a Northerner, and you'd think that would count in his favour, given that we'll all be relying on foodbanks soon, but the ignorant folk of this fair county have made it quite clear we secretly want to be lorded over by a bunch of entitled, privileged, privately-school yobs who cut the Police force and NHS over the last decade, as long as we can openly hate on immigrants.

On the other hand, Sir Kier is titled, and went to Oxford as a postgrad, so will appeal to the landed gentry.

I doubt I'll ever vote for him though.  He studied at L**ds Uni.

Sorry Kier  😢

Wow...so its all about personality and not policies..?

10 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

It’s the personality that gets you there in the first place ,and then you have to come up with the goods.

Boris is still in the first stage.

Obviously people are swayed by different personalities.That is the only way that I can understand how Trump got to be POTUS.

25 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

It's been that way Tony Bliar took power.  And stayed there.  Twice.

Edited by The Joker