The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

3 hours ago, banjodeano said:

Thanks, i will give you that one, 

but the report  shows how right-wing Labour officials sabotaged the party during Jeremy Corbyn’s time as leader, and The report blows apart the myth that Corbyn’s LOTO – Leader of the Opposition’s Office – was responsible for undermining efforts to deal effectively with antisemitism in the party. It instead shows that Blairite officials, motivated by hostility to Corbyn’s left-wing politics, made a concerted effort to scupper the handling of complaints.

https://www.counterfire.org/articles/analysis/21098-labour-s-explosive-report-shows-how-right-wing-officials-sabotaged-the-party

Why did it take 3 years for these alleged events about the 2017 election, from an anonymous author, to come to light -surprisingly  just as the Corbyn faction was losing power.

Smacks of desperation to me

Guest makapaka

I’m a labour voter. Starmer has to be a bit careful.

in PMQs he’s in danger of looking like a bit of a smart arse - lots of questions but not always an answer.

Edited by makapaka

23 minutes ago, makapaka said:

in PMQs he’s in danger of looking like a bit of a smart arse - lots of questions but not always an answer.

I agree. What an idiot he is, asking questions of the Prime Minister.

Especially during Prime Minister”s questions.

Next thing you know, he’ll be opposing the Government.

Guest makapaka
23 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I agree. What an idiot he is, asking questions of the Prime Minister.

Especially during Prime Minister”s questions.

Next thing you know, he’ll be opposing the Government.

Ah give over.

of course he’s got to ask questions and I welcome it.

but one example of his questioning about the safety of sending kids back to school followed by his questioning of why kids aren’t going to school isn’t very helpful.

im pleased starmer is labour leader - just needs to be careful at moment.

20 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Ah give over.

of course he’s got to ask questions and I welcome it.

but one example of his questioning about the safety of sending kids back to school followed by his questioning of why kids aren’t going to school isn’t very helpful.

im pleased starmer is labour leader - just needs to be careful at moment.

His job, at Prime Minister’s Questions, is to ask questions of the Prime Minister. 

He’s asked some very good ones imo. Hence his opinion poll lead. 

Guest makapaka
4 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

His job, at Prime Minister’s Questions, is to ask questions of the Prime Minister. 

He’s asked some very good ones imo. Hence his opinion poll lead. 

Of course it is. It’s also important he has a substantiated alternative where he disagrees with an approach by the government.

he hammered the government about kids going back to school safely - then asked why they they weren’t.

Opposition isn’t just about opposing - it’s about proposing alternatives.

6 hours ago, Longcol said:

Why did it take 3 years for these alleged events about the 2017 election, from an anonymous author, to come to light -surprisingly  just as the Corbyn faction was losing power.

Smacks of desperation to me

I think this report was made for the erhc enquiry, but then shelved on legal advice

8 hours ago, makapaka said:

isn't asking lots of questions the pm cant answer the point of pmqs?

Guest makapaka
4 hours ago, andyofborg said:

isn't asking lots of questions the pm cant answer the point of pmqs?

It is the job to ask questions - but it’s important to have a view on what the right answer should be also.

anyone can ask a question.

as I said above - a recent example was on pupils returning to schools.