The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Rubbish.

To state his case Cameron also gets not only a multi-million pound budget but also unferttered access to the media and use of his party's media machine. To top it off he also gets the benefit of a campaign coordinated with other pro-EU parties.

drummonds on the other hand gets to whinge on SheffieldForum

There is a thing called Purdah which prevents this once the referendum campaign is officially underway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purdah_(pre-election_period)

The government recently tried to suspend the purdah rules for this referendum but members from all parties included the Tories, voted it down.

Edited by Guest

it seems it is you that is the whinger. you seem to get upset with a system that allows folk other than yourself to air thier opinion.

cameron is giving us a referendum on eu membership, something your beloved labour party refused. in that referendum cameron gets one vote and so do i. it seems my vote will cancel out his.

I don't support Labour :loopy:

---------- Post added 14-09-2015 at 21:59 ----------

There is a thing called Purdah which prevents this once the referendum campaign is officially underway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purdah_(pre-election_period)

The government recently tried to suspend the purdah rules for this referendum but members from all parties included the Tories, voted it down.

You clearly don't understand what purdah is.

Yes I do. This is what I was referring to. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34173126

It's about the use of government resources in the final stages of a campaign, and about preventing the government making policy announcements that might influence a vote.

The Tories can still campaign as a party for a 'stay in' vote, alongside other pro-EU parties and they can campaign intensively during the purdah period, but during that period they cannot leverage their position in government to gain advantage over opponents

Like I said you don't understand.

---------- Post added 14-09-2015 at 22:21 ----------

For what it's worth, you quite clearly do understand it.

Nope he doesn't and if you think he does then you don't understand either.

It's about the use of government resources in the final stages of a campaign, and about preventing the government making policy announcements that might influence a vote.

The Tories can still campaign as a party for a 'stay in' vote, alongside other pro-EU parties and they can campaign intensively during the purdah period, but during that period they cannot leverage their position in government to gain advantage over opponents

Like I said you don't understand.

---------- Post added 14-09-2015 at 22:21 ----------

Nope he doesn't and if you think he does then you don't understand either.

You're trying to move the goal posts now. You were saying that David Cameron (who is the prime minister of the government) would have an advantage as he would be able to use the machinery of government to make his case during the campaign.

I'm saying the there are purdah rules in place to prevent this, which is correct.

You're trying to move the goal posts now. You were saying that David Cameron (who is the prime minister of the government) would have an advantage as he would be able to use the machinery of government to make his case during the campaign.

I'm saying the there are purdah rules in place to prevent this, which is correct.

I never once said Cameron could use the machinery of government. Show me where I did.

I said he would have a big budget, could use his party's media machine and could campaign on a shared platform with other pro-EU parties.

The goalposts are in exactly the same place before you decided to intervene.

Post #1461 by the way