The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

I never once said Cameron could use the machinery of government. Show me where I did.

I said he would have a big budget, could use his party's media machine and could campaign on a shared platform with other pro-EU parties.

The goalposts are in exactly the same place before you decided to intervene.

Being the Prime minister of the government, making his case during the weeks leading up the referendum would definitely make him fall foul of the purdah rules, hence why the government attempted to have the rules relaxed just for this referendum, but conceded to tory rebel opposition to it.

Being the Prime minister of the government, making his case during the weeks leading up the referendum would definitely make him fall foul of the purdah rules, hence why the government attempted to have the rules relaxed just for this referendum, but conceded to tory rebel opposition to it.

No it wouldn't.

He was doing exactly that in the run-up to the Scottish referendum, making major speeches with one week to go. He did so on the 'No' platform, the campaign for which was funded with £3m of donations, not government money

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/scottish-independence/scottish-independence-full-text-of-david-camerons-no-going-back-speech-9735902.html

You are clearly now showing for sure that you really do not have a clue.

No it wouldn't.

He was doing exactly that in the run-up to the Scottish referendum, making major speeches with one week to go. He did so on the 'No' platform, the campaign for which was funded with £3m of donations, not government money

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/scottish-independence/scottish-independence-full-text-of-david-camerons-no-going-back-speech-9735902.html

You are clearly now showing for sure that you really do not have a clue.

For what its worth, Westminster and SNP governments nearly did breach purdah rules during the independence referendum. They were not neutral. Their civil servants produced biased documents for ministers to help them make their cases.

For what its worth, Westminster and SNP governments nearly did breach purdah rules during the independence referendum. They were not neutral. Their civil servants produced biased documents for ministers to help them make their cases.

Indeed, they sailed very close to the wind

Rubbish.

To state his case Cameron also gets not only a multi-million pound budget but also unferttered access to the media and use of his party's media machine. To top it off he also gets the benefit of a campaign coordinated with other pro-EU parties.

drummonds on the other hand gets to whinge on SheffieldForum

dont like other peoples opinions is that not democracy

I do now. Along with many others who are finding a political home, at last.

Labour Party membership is booming.

but national support isn't.

it seems like everyone is a winner. the lefties have their dream team in charge of the labour party, and everyone else has their dream team in charge of the labour party.

role on the holyrood elections.

I do now. Along with many others who are finding a political home, at last.

Labour Party membership is booming.

No chance. Blair is still there. So is Mandelson. The Blair-ites are waiting to take over again.

I've got nothing against Labour being a fairly broad church as it always has been but quite honestly the existence of so many avowed neoliberals in the party makes me sick to my stomach.

When they go I might change my mind but not before. I just can't vote for them until they leave that behind.

I think the LibDems could do well out of this.

I wrote 'Labour are finished' in here after the election, and I think no different today.

The LibDems could rename as the Liberals, pick up the few intelligent Labour politicians that won't go along with Corbyn, and be a decent opposition and credible party.