The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Yes, especially from the BBC. This is the latest, involving the great Dennis Skinner.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/watch-grumpy-mp-dennis-skinner-6441541

It is the sort of spin you'd expect of a disingenuous politician but the BBC is supposed to be an impartial and serious journalist organisation. Still... well and truly slapped down!

I have a theory.

When Milliband resigned Chucker Ammonia was interviewed on the Andrew Marr show, at the time he indicated he would be running for leader and looked like a shoe in.

On the program was the Prince of darkness Peter Mandelson, a man who steered Labour to three consecutive election wins.

I reckon Mandie had a quiet with with Chucker, told him that the election was more open than he thought and to back off, keep out of it and await his time.

Let the party go through its ritual cull and await his turn as savior of the party.

Chucker the mooner will lead the Labour party into the 2020 election.

Mandelson is in charge, as he always has been.

This is a good post too - Chukka is the man. Now he IS a threat to the tories.

Yes, especially from the BBC. This is the latest, involving the great Dennis Skinner.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/watch-grumpy-mp-dennis-skinner-6441541

Good putdown...JURASSIC PARK! LOL

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/watch-dennis-skinners-epic-exchange-5982385

---------- Post added 15-09-2015 at 14:23 ----------

This is a good post too - Chukka is the man. Now he IS a threat to the tories.

Chukka withdrew from the race as couldn't take the heat....that's not a leader in waiting.

this is what he said last month:

Let me make it absolutely clear that Labour under Jeremy Corbyn is committed to eliminating the deficit and creating an economy in which we live within our means.... We accept that cuts in public spending will help eliminate the deficit, but our cuts won’t be to the middle-and low-income earners and certainly not to the poor....alongside deficit elimination, the Corbyn campaign is advocating a fundamental reform of our economic system. This will include the introduction of an effective regulatory regime for our banks and financial sector; a full-blown Glass-Steagall system to separate day-to-day and investment banking; legislation to replace short-term shareholder value with long-term sustainable economic and social responsibilities as the prime objective of companies; radical reform of the failed auditing regime; the extension of a wider range of forms of company and enterprise ownership and control including public, co-operative and stakeholder ownership; and the introduction of a financial transactions tax to fund the rebalancing of our economy towards production and manufacturing.

Sorry - do you agree with all this? If so, why did you vote tory at the last election? It is about as far removed from this as reasonably possible to get? I smell a rat.

It is the sort of spin you'd expect of a disingenuous politician but the BBC is supposed to be an impartial and serious journalist organisation. Still... well and truly slapped down!

The BBC should stick to headlines bout the royal family and tittle tattle...All of the media been shocking.

Sky one of the better ones tbh, the guardian have savaged corbyn.murdoch gets a bad rap but it's the so called left wing press labour have to worry about.

---------- Post added 15-09-2015 at 14:29 ----------

Sorry - do you agree with all this? If so, why did you vote tory at the last election? It is about as far removed from this as reasonably possible to get? I smell a rat.

A lies a lie...

I quoted ad verbatim...no editing. Get your facts straight.

---------- Post added 15-09-2015 at 14:30 ----------

This is quote

Let me make it absolutely clear that Labour under Jeremy Corbyn is committed to eliminating the deficit and creating an economy in which we live within our means.... We accept that cuts in public spending will help eliminate the deficit, but our cuts won’t be to the middle-and low-income earners and certainly not to the poor....alongside deficit elimination, the Corbyn campaign is advocating a fundamental reform of our economic system. This will include the introduction of an effective regulatory regime for our banks and financial sector; a full-blown Glass-Steagall system to separate day-to-day and investment banking; legislation to replace short-term shareholder value with long-term sustainable economic and social responsibilities as the prime objective of companies; radical reform of the failed auditing regime; the extension of a wider range of forms of company and enterprise ownership and control including public, co-operative and stakeholder ownership; and the introduction of a financial transactions tax to fund the rebalancing of our economy towards production and manufacturing.

Edited by TJC1

The BBC should stick to headlines bout the royal family and tittle tattle...All of the media been shocking.

Sky one of the better ones tbh, the guardian have savaged corbyn.murdoch gets a bad rap but it's the so called left wing press labour have to worry about.

---------- Post added 15-09-2015 at 14:29 ----------

A lies a lie...

I quoted ad verbatim...no editing. Get your facts straight.

---------- Post added 15-09-2015 at 14:30 ----------

This is quote

Does that mean you lied about voting tory or that you lied about something else?

I really don't understand your post at all. It's not even in very good English?

Do you share this account with someone else, or are you bipolar? I can't work it out?

Does that mean you lied about voting tory or that you lied about something else?

I really don't understand your post at all. It's not even in very good English?

Do you share this account with someone else, or are you bipolar? I can't work it out?

Get your facts straight...its you not making sense as you haven't read the previous posts. Clearly

---------- Post added 15-09-2015 at 14:47 ----------

To refresh your memory, this is the quote

---------- Post added 15-09-2015 at 14:47 ----------

Is that a danger to business? I don't know....

---------- Post added 15-09-2015 at 14:48 ----------

What I'm saying is at least post the facts...Instead of making up ****