The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Maybe he doesn’t know the words and didn't want to look stupid a la John Redwood when he was the Welsh Secretary.

I can understand why some people want to make a big fuss over a non-story but I doubt most people in the real world really give much of a toss.

Whatever his reasons for not singing along, I admire anyone who doesn't do what is expected of them just because it is expected.

Long live an individual's right to be an individual.

Do you? I know it's hardly life and death whether corbyn sings but what else won't he do if it doesn't fit in his ideological box? That's my biggest fear with him if I'm honest he looks like he will far too dogmatic. It won't be whether it's good or bad for the country it's whether it fits his brand of politics.

Who would you trust more:

A) A man who states an opposition to a monarchy, but sings to a sky pixie to keep the queen reigning over us as her servants

B) A man who states an opposition to a monarchy and doesn't sing to a sky pixie to keep the monarchy in place

Who would you trust more:

A) A man who states an opposition to a monarchy, but sings to a sky pixie to keep the queen reigning over us as her servants

B) A man who states an opposition to a monarchy and doesn't sing to a sky pixie to keep the monarchy in place

I wouldn't trust anyone who used the phrase sky-pixie.

Do you? I know it's hardly life and death whether corbyn sings but what else won't he do if it doesn't fit in his ideological box? That's my biggest fear with him if I'm honest he looks like he will far too dogmatic. It won't be whether it's good or bad for the country it's whether it fits his brand of politics.

As long as he's honest, up front and consistent it'll make a nice change.

I wouldn't worry too much though, I'm not sure he'll be in any position to make much of a difference to anything anytime soon

As long as he's honest, up front and consistent it'll make a nice change.

I wouldn't worry too much though, I'm not sure he'll be in any position to make much of a difference to anything anytime soon

Thatcher was pretty consistent - up front too if memory serves. It will make a change to a certain extent - but according to his biog he's still a professional politician by and large but just not a very good one.

What an absolute disgraceful behaviour from the new labour leader by refusing to sing our national anthem. Those who support him and the Labour Party should ask him to apologise.

Why?

If he doesn't believe in God, or Queens, why should he ask one to save the other?

Why?

If he doesn't believe in God, or Queens, why should he ask one to save the other?

LOL

He may be right about the former, but the Queen exists, I've seen her. You have to be pretty dim not to believe in her. I've seen quite a few other queens too, they definitely exist too.

LOL

He may be right about the former, but the Queen exists, I've seen her. You have to be pretty dim not to believe in her. I've seen quite a few other queens too, they definitely exist too.

She might exist, but he might still not believe in her.

I'm with him on that one. You might accept her as your Queen. I don't.

Pretty straightforward really, even for someone with clearly impaired critical faculties.

---------- Post added 15-09-2015 at 23:29 ----------

Indeed, why would he try and serve her maj?

On another note should we update our national anthem? I note the Swiss are doing it.

We should get Katie Price to write one:)