The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Yep, and the media are going to jump on every little thing. I bet Farage is relieved they have someone new to pick on.

Why are the media doing this? Hate for the left, Love for New Labour, wanting to stir up trouble, or just a slow news period?

Sitting Duck...

Because that is what leaders do whereas dictators insist doing things their way.

I'm not seriously suggesting that Corbyn is a dictator but he's definitely not a leader. He's just a bit useless and I suspect that his so called high principles are the only thing that holds his sanity together. Take them away and he's left with no substance at all.

I'm struggling to see how your opinions of him relate to this non-national-anthem singing incident. Is he dictating to his cabinet that they shouldn't sing it either? I just don't see where you're coming from.

In previous generations there was a societal pressure to not be gay, be married and have children etc, those who didn't conform to this were frowned upon. Societal pressure today to conform to certain things like singing a national anthem and wear a poppy etc, is the same mentality. A form of fascism. *do this what we all do, or else*

Edited by Guest

BBC radio this morning, one hour mentioned Jeremy Corbyn Not singing NA about four times and briefly referred to his speech to TUC once.

Give him a break please,he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't, have a go at his policies but not his sincerely held views on something as subjective as royalty.

Quite a few of us have mildly republican views, well as long as it doesn't get nasty like those bloody French, cutting of heads indeed.

No one can deny that the Queen has hardly put a foot wrong during her reign,but the rest of the family would be candidates for the Jeremy Kyle show.

All on benefits, most of the kids divorced. Phil is the biggest racist in the country, but the media try to portray him as an amiable old boy who occasionally puts his foot in it. This is mostly led by Nicholas (I'll wipe your bottom ma'am) Wichell, has he got no self respect? After what Charles and the boys said about him.

Then we've got Charles who when he's not talking to plants is lecturing the rest of us about how green we should be, while driving, riding and flying around in gas guzzling transport,and while I'm on the subject is it just me? But I've never seen Camilla and Audrey off Corry in the same room.

Andrew and Edward, what is the point of them two, and as for the hardest working royal even her own dad said " if it doesn't fart and eat hay she's not interested in it.

So please BBC just concentrate on having a go at his policies.

I'm just wondering who traditional voters of Labour might move to if they aren't Corbyn fans.

They could easily move to the Tories if Cameron and Osborne use their brains, the "blue collar" "one nation" Tories are those who kept Thacher in for three elections and major in for one.

The only reason Blair won three elections was that he adopted and adapted Tory policies.

If they continue the low welfare high wage tactic, coupled with right to buy and, as far as Sheffielders are concerned, the development of the "Northern powerhouse", many Labour supporters will come to see that these Conservatives are right for them and worthy of support.

BBC radio this morning, one hour mentioned Jeremy Corbyn Not singing NA about four times and briefly referred to his speech to TUC once.

Give him a break please,he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't, have a go at his policies but not his sincerely held views on something as subjective as royalty.

Quite a few of us have mildly republican views, well as long as it doesn't get nasty like those bloody French, cutting of heads indeed.

No one can deny that the Queen has hardly put a foot wrong during her reign,but the rest of the family would be candidates for the Jeremy Kyle show.

All on benefits, most of the kids divorced. Phil is the biggest racist in the country, but the media try to portray him as an amiable old boy who occasionally puts his foot in it. This is mostly led by Nicholas (I'll wipe your bottom ma'am) Wichell, has he got no self respect? After what Charles and the boys said about him.

Then we've got Charles who when he's not talking to plants is lecturing the rest of us about how green we should be, while driving, riding and flying around in gas guzzling transport,and while I'm on the subject is it just me? But I've never seen Camilla and Audrey off Corry in the same room.

Andrew and Edward, what is the point of them two, and as for the hardest working royal even her own dad said " if it doesn't fart and eat hay she's not interested in it.

wouldn't you be better taking that up with the beeb?

the labour party are stuck with the guy who will be targeted because he is a left wing jerk who belongs in 1970s cuba.

You miss he point entirely, its the National Anthem, Corbyn is the leader of the "loyal opposition". The Royal family are an irrelevance in this context. He should stand up and represent the vast majority of his party who are proud to be British and all that involves.