The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

I will predict the results of the next election now, the Tories will win easily, and Labour will - as usual - blame everyone but themselves. They'll blame the Tories, the LibDems, the media, and most of all, the people. "Why can't they just see?", they will wail. "Why are they voting against their own best interests?" And this will continue until either a) Labour learns to listen to people instead of telling people that they know what is best for them, or b) the Tories make a right pigs ear of the economy.

but i would happ hazzard a guess that when they get beaten in 2020 the same loonies will turn out to appoint another total nob as the new commi-tsar and once more the "Leftists will be enthused,"

Edited by drummonds

I will predict the results of the next election now, the Tories will win easily, and Labour will - as usual - blame everyone but themselves. They'll blame the Tories, the LibDems, the media, and most of all, the people. "Why can't they just see?", they will wail. "Why are they voting against their own best interests?" And this will continue until either a) Labour learns to listen to people instead of telling people that they know what is best for them, or b) the Tories make a right pigs ear of the economy.

Tbh I can't disagree. It's looking like annihilation for corbyn. They can barely agree on who makes the tea in that cabinet.

---------- Post added 24-09-2015 at 16:12 ----------

i wouldn't worry too much. labour are not trusted on the economy. corbyn has made that worse.

"" the numbers on national security - Trident, the military, patriotism -and on the economy are dire. A majority in the ComRes data actually think Labour's leader is a positive danger to national security. The overall picture, away from specific policies, is just awful. A majority of voters trust Corbyn only on the NHS, and that by a mere seven points: far worse figures than Miliband's even at his nadir. He is underwater on the economy by 17 points, even at the start of his leadership. Leftists are enthused,something that may well help Labour survive in an era of local campaigning and Individual Voter Registration. But worried centrists and swing voters are alienated. The really worrying thing about this is how Ukip voters have responded. ORB data which only covers what voters are thinking of doing, or might do, has to be treated with caution. But it's revealing. 20 per cent of past Ukip voters are now more likely to vote Labour; but 42 per cent are now more likely to vote Conservative. I thought Ukip might be a source for Corbyn to find some of the new votes Labour desperately needs. So far, the signs aren’t good."

the tories certainly don't want corbyn to be replaced before 2020. there is certainly already enough to do the job on the run up to the election.

i suspect the snp are thinking pretty much the same right now. they are set to flay labour in less than 8 months time. hopefully the labour nut jobs will blame it on the party being not far enough to the left. after all they are the ones with the loudest voices..and "Leftists are enthused," :hihi:

If they were going left, then he should be appointing proper left shadow cabinet.

It begs the question if he has enough support within own party to make it past next year let alone form a staunch opposition.

Game over. I stand corrected.

---------- Post added 24-09-2015 at 16:14 ----------

In fact will eat hat if osborne is not next PM. Tbh could be worse. The guys a deficit hawk. Not most popular but competent.

Apparently new party leaders get a new leader bounce in the first few weeks when everyone is full of optimism about the future.

A poll just out today has Corbyn with a minus 3 percent rating. Nobody has ever managed that. Gordon Brown was nearer plus twenty percent and even Michael Foot got plus 2 percent.

that must be why the uk has the best growth rate in the g7.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34084759

as far as i remember under the last labour chancellor,alistair darling, the gdp of the uk dropped by around 6%

Double the national debt and spend like there's no tomorrow and modest growth might happen. No surprises there drummers.

Double the national debt and spend like there's no tomorrow and modest growth might happen. No surprises there drummers.

oh dear still spewing out labour failed election lines i see. do keep it up. it lost miliband one election and will cost corbyn the next one.

i don't know if i mentioned it before, but labour aren't tusted on the economy. indeed i heard it say that corbyn isn't trusted with the economy and is seen as a national danger on defence. so good luck with your failed lines.

Shall we go through debt Vs deficit again? :rolleyes:

Well the national debt has very nearly doubled in 5 years.

In 2010 it was £0.76 trillion, in 2015 it stands at £1.36 trillion [LINK]

As for the deficit, that's not doing too well either:

UK deficit rises steeply after surprise fall in tax receipts

A fall in income tax receipts sent Britain’s deficit spiralling to £12.1bn in August, the widest shortfall in government funding since 2012.

Dampening the euphoria last month about the first surplus for three years, the deficit represented a big jump on last year’s figure of £10.7bn and much higher than the £9.2bn expected by City analysts.

[LINK, The Guardian, 22 September 2015]

See how I emphasized "shortfall in government funding"? You see, I do understand the difference between debt and deficit.

Well the national debt has very nearly doubled in 5 years.

In 2010 it was £0.76 trillion, in 2015 it stands at £1.36 trillion [LINK]

As for the deficit, that's not doing too well either:

[LINK, The Guardian, 22 September 2015]

See how I emphasized "shortfall in government funding"? You see, I do understand the difference between debt and deficit.

so you will understand that the deficit is due to spending commitments that labour had put in place and the fact they left no money to pay for them.

this is of course why labour aren't trusted on the economy.