The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

They have a lot of work to do to persuade non Corbyn fans to vote Labour Anna..

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/09/25/measuring-gap-between-corbyns-supporters-and-labou/

you are not wrong there. this from labour party candidates at the 2015 election.

Westminster Public Affairs, a lobbying firm, has conducted a survey which probably gives some insight into what key people in the party think of Jeremy Corbyn. It surveyed 48 people who stood unsuccessfully as Labour candidates at the election, and asked them what they thought of their new leader. A third of them voted for Corbyn as their first preference.

Here are some of the key findings. The full details are on Westminster PA’s website.

44% said they were proud to have Corbyn as party leader, while 33% said they were embarrassed about him.

60% said they expected him to lead the party into the election, while 22% said it was highly unlikely.

41% said having Corbyn as leader would damage the party’s election chances, while 28% said it would help them.

oh dear. you couldn't make it up.

Something has occurred to me over the weekend.

Prior to Corbyn coming along, Labour was split by a civil war between the Brownites and the Blairites. This civil war seemed to have no solution, it wasn't about ideology it was personal. So it looked to be something that had the potential to drag the party down for years to come with one side constantly undermining the other side.

Now Corbyn has been elected leader, the Brownite/Blairite chasm has been repaired overnight. The rivals have joined forces to form united front to fight against Corbyn's Leftist agenda. The Modernist movement in Labour is back on track working together.

All we need is for the Modernists to pursued the Labour Party that Corbyn's policies will make them unelectable, then hey presto, New labour is back.

It's almost as if some political Machiavellian mind was working behind the scenes.

In an unrelated subject. I'm sure it was a complete coincidence that Peter Mandleson just happened to share the same sofa on a Sunday morning political chat show as Chuka Umunna, just before he pulled out of the leadership contest for seemingly no reason after being the favourite.

And it will just be another coincidence if Chuka Umunna does happen to lead Labour into the next election.

Something has occurred to me over the weekend.

Prior to Corbyn coming along, Labour was split by a civil war between the Brownites and the Blairites. This civil war seemed to have no solution, it wasn't about ideology it was personal. So it looked to be something that had the potential to drag the party down for years to come with one side constantly undermining the other side.

Now Corbyn has been elected leader, the Brownite/Blairite chasm has been repaired overnight. The rivals have joined forces to form united front to fight against Corbyn's Leftist agenda. The Modernist movement in Labour is back on track working together.

All we need is for the Modernists to pursued the Labour Party that Corbyn's policies will make them unelectable, then hey presto, New labour is back.

It's almost as if some political Machiavellian mind was working behind the scenes.

but still unelectable. even worse now the loony left has woken up and put the party back to the 1980s. i'm afraid you've just had James Callaghan and now have michael foot back in charge. you've still to endure another kinnock and a smith before you actually find one that folk will vote for.

but still unelectable. even worse now the loony left has woken up and put the party back to the 1980s. i'm afraid you've just had James Callaghan and now have michael foot back in charge. you've still to endure another kinnock and a smith before you actually find one that folk will vote for.

If Labour presents polices and a leader that'll retake the centre ground, and the Tories have had to push through 2 parliaments of austerity it may not be so clear cut. Lets not forget that the Tories will be going into the next election with a new leader as well.

If Labour presents polices and a leader that'll retake the centre ground, and the Tories have had to push through 2 parliaments of austerity it may not be so clear cut. Lets not forget that the Tories will be going into the next election with a new leader as well.

There were a few ideas I could get behind in this one and I'm not a lefty by a distance. Equally Cameron could pinch a couple too. He might as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34353298

oh dear oh dear. are you still banging that drum?

you come across like a guy who turns up at a motorway pile up and blames the ambulance crew for the casualties and the clear up teams for the time it is taking the remove the damaged vehicles.

the driver that caused the pile up is to blame. the pile up of our economy happened whilst labour were at the wheel. they overspent when times were good and there were no brakes when they needed them. that's why labour aren't trusted with the economy.............................

I like your analogy of the car crash. Try this - the accident that occurred is a 20 vehicle (Nation) nose to tail shunt. All the vehicles were travelling too fast for the conditions all the drivers are to blame. If our 'driver' at the time of the crash had been a Conservative or Lib-dem or whatever can you, hand on heart, say it would have been different?

come on then. tell us about the world of wonders that he spouted. and then tell us how he said he would pay for them.

He's paying for it all out of unpaid corporate taxes. They will pay off the deficit over night. It's really simple, the Tories have missed a trick here. It's so simple they should've thought about it already. Or maybe they just enjoy making unpopular cuts in the hope of losing elections. Or maybe it just isn't that simple and Labour's fag packet economics don't stack up. Which is most likely? :hihi:

come on then. tell us about the world of wonders that he spouted. and then tell us how he said he would pay for them.

OK. (You could always try watching the speech for yourself y'know, much better than getting it second hand.)

Roughly speaking:

He is anti- austerity, stating it to be a political choice and not the only way to tackle the deficit.

He wants to introduce a real living wage. Pledged to build more houses. Tackle the gender pay gap. Cut tax breaks for buy to let landlords. Clampdown on 'Corporate welfare.' Get firms to pay their fair share of tax by aggressively tackling tax avoidance and evasion (possibility of 120 Billion being recovered.)

Access to financial models used by Bank of England and Office of Budget Responsibility to help Labour formulate an alternative economic policy, and employ economic discourse to secure dynamic growth...

Before you pick holes in it (that's just part of it,) watch the whole thing for yourself. He explains it better than I can.

---------- Post added 28-09-2015 at 17:40 ----------

He's paying for it all out of unpaid corporate taxes. They will pay off the deficit over night. It's really simple, the Tories have missed a trick here. It's so simple they should've thought about it already. Or maybe they just enjoy making unpopular cuts in the hope of losing elections. Or maybe it just isn't that simple and Labour's fag packet economics don't stack up. Which is most likely? :hihi:

Actually, yes.

The half hearted Conservative joke that is supposed to have tackled tax evasion, while at the same time cutting tax officials, is just that. Just because they Tory's say they're going to do it, doesn't make it so. They tell lies.

The new guy means business.

As for unpopular cuts, don't worry, Corbyn is going to be making some too. It's just going to be coming out of the pockets of the seriously rich for a change, instead of the pockets of the poor.

The shadow chancellor is reported to have said that he wants employees to have say how a company is run, now I was always an employee but I fail to understand as to how this would work as I am sure that I would not have someone who,s wages I pay telling me how to run my business.

I would however listen to suggestions of ways to improve things then decide if it was a viable suggestion