The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

You've no idea how much I earn and you never will do. ;)

I got my decimal point wrong. The top 0.01% , or 3000 people, pay more tax than the bottom 9 million people.

Envy doesn't get you anywhere but a private plane can get you most places faster, especially if you want to spend less than 90 days in the country because you're being taxed too much. Be careful what you wish for.

I'm not envious of anyone. No reason to be. Might sound corny but I've got everything I need.

In all probability its likely I contribute to your tax credits for all I know but you'd never admit it.

---------- Post added 28-09-2015 at 20:56 ----------

Remind me again what Corbyn is doing for small and medium businesses again (apart from pushing up a wage bill?)

Didn't the Tories just put up the minimum wage........

You can easily look up Corbyn's plans and comment intelligently or you can brainlessly snipe away. Your choice.

I'm sure you'll have the figures to hand. If they pay a lot of tax it's because they literally earn a fortune, and many, many times the average wage.

If you are lucky enough to earn mega bucks then you should thank your lucky stars and be prepared to pay what you owe.

---------- Post added 28-09-2015 at 19:37 ----------

I also saw him on question time and thought he came across as sincere and honest. Perceptions, eh...?

I found his apology over the IRA comments particularly vomit inducing.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/09/why-are-people-falling-for-john-mcdonnells-question-time-apology/

He also had a similar squirm over a question about his tasteless Margaret Thatcher comments.

---------- Post added 28-09-2015 at 20:59 ----------

Offset by a cut to corporation tax that no doubt Corbyn will want to put back up.

I'm not envious of anyone. No reason to be. Might sound corny but I've got everything I need.

In all probability its likely I contribute to your tax credits for all I know but you'd never admit it.

Good for you, we're the same in that respect. Envy is a horrible thing that holds us back. :)

I was once on the dole for a few weeks and came off even though I didn't have to because I've never done anything so demoralising. Never claimed a penny before or since, no matter how tough it's been at times over the years. I literally don't know how tax credits work. I suppose that it's me who's the mug but there you go.

---------- Post added 28-09-2015 at 20:56 ----------

You can easily look up Corbyn's plans and comment intelligently or you can brainlessly snipe away. Your choice.

I've not seen anything concrete, but I've seen him go big on pushing a living wage (which I'm assuming he isn't happy with how much the Tories are putting it up but I take your point. And I wasn't sniping it was a question. I've seen him toss out the odd sound bite. As point of the fact the Tories rather than ditch red tape have added a bit more.

I found his apology over the IRA comments particularly vomit inducing.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/09/why-are-people-falling-for-john-mcdonnells-question-time-apology/

He also had a similar squirm over a question about his tasteless Margaret Thatcher comments.

---------- Post added 28-09-2015 at 20:59 ----------

Offset by a cut to corporation tax that no doubt Corbyn will want to put back up.

Whereas I found his apology sincere and his reasoning understandable.

I have made similar comments about Margaret Thatcher myself, so it would be hypocritical to censure him for it, but it wasn't a good idea to say it publicly.

There was no excuse for a cut in Corporation tax, especially when they make billions in profits, and certainly not during times of austerity so I hope JC does put it back up.

Whereas I found his apology sincere and his reasoning understandable.

I have made similar comments about Margaret Thatcher myself, so it would be hypocritical to censure him for it, but it wasn't a good idea to say it publicly.

There was no excuse for a cut in Corporation tax, especially when they make billions in profits, and certainly not during times of austerity so I hope JC does put it back up.

SMEs make billions in profit?! Ok...

Distasteful jokes about Thatcher are one thing, apparently cosying up to terrorists quite another.

SMEs make billions in profit?! Ok...

Distasteful jokes about Thatcher are one thing, apparently cosying up to terrorists quite another.

No, Small and Medium sized Enterprises, do not make billions in profits, nor have I ever said they did. I am talking about the Mega Corporations like Amazon which make billions.

In fact, I have often said that SMEs should not be classed in the same category as the Corporations. They are a very different kettle of fish and should be treated accordingly. The difficulty comes when trying to decipher what is a legitimate independent SME or franchise and those that come under a corporate umbrella group.

labour are a bit like the libdems at the moment. they can promise what they like because they are not going to be in a position where they have to deliver. that's the advantage of having an unelectable leader and an unelectable chancellor.

do they have a policy on syria or trident? do they need one?

Edited by drummonds

labour are a bit like the libdems at the moment. they can promise what they like because they are not going to be in a position where they have to deliver. that's the advantage of having an unelectable leader and an unelectable chancellor.

do they have a policy on syria or trident? do they need one?

I think you'll find the wind is changing. Jeremy Corbyn and his team are winning people over, in spite of a major media campaign to discredit everything they say and do.

No, Small and Medium sized Enterprises, do not make billions in profits, nor have I ever said they did. I am talking about the Mega Corporations like Amazon which make billions.

Amazon again delivers soaring sales but posts a huge loss

On Thursday, Amazon reported again that it has failed to turn a profit, this time posting a stunning loss of $437 million in the third quarter, compared to a $41 million loss in the same period last year.

LINK [Washington Post, October 24, 2014]

Things were slightly better this year

Amazon posts modest profits despite healthy sales [bBC, 29 January 2015]

Although their post-Xmas profit of £142 million is still in the millions, not billions.