The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

No, Small and Medium sized Enterprises, do not make billions in profits, nor have I ever said they did. I am talking about the Mega Corporations like Amazon which make billions.

In fact, I have often said that SMEs should not be classed in the same category as the Corporations. They are a very different kettle of fish and should be treated accordingly. The difficulty comes when trying to decipher what is a legitimate independent SME or franchise and those that come under a corporate umbrella group.

Do Amazon really make billions ?

Do Amazon really make billions ?

Ask these ideologists how many billions these companies make, without the computer to look them up, and you'll probably get some staggering guesses :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 29-09-2015 at 13:35 ----------

Ask these ideologists how many billions these companies make, without the computer to look them up, and you'll probably get some staggering guesses :thumbsup:

Take Centrica (20 million UK customers), their entire profit last year if you taxed 100% of it, would run the NHS for 3 days, or pay the DWP bill for 2 days + a couple of hours.

Won't someone please think of the children!

Amazon invests a huge amount of it's income into improving it's service, meaning that it's a very real possibility that we will have drones delivering our orders on the same day of ordering in the not too distant future. They've already had Sunday deliveries for a year or so at no extra cost to Prime members.

It's plan is that it's rivals cannot possibly compete with them on service which will lead to huge growth, this growth will allow them to put even more pressure on their suppliers to squeeze their margins more and push back payment days to their suppliers.

They do this because they process huge amount of money and the longer they keep that money the more money it earns for them in one way or another.

So although it may make a profit on it's individual transactions it's drive for investment means that the overall business may not be profitable, even though it will hold an enormous amount of money within its business.

Really? That's all you managed to get from a 45 minute speech by the Shadow Chancellor? You really need to turn your hearing aid up.

In effect it was, 45 minutes of drivel, no policies, no indication of any original thinking or alternative to current Tory policy.

Just the usual left wing claptrap about taxing big companies, (impossible by the way without international cooperation and Osborne is well on with that).

I will turn my hearing aid up if you will clear your mind and consider that just because its got a red flag on it you should vote for it.

In effect it was, 45 minutes of drivel, no policies, no indication of any original thinking or alternative to current Tory policy.

Just the usual left wing claptrap about taxing big companies, (impossible by the way without international cooperation and Osborne is well on with that).

I will turn my hearing aid up if you will clear your mind and consider that just because its got a red flag on it you should vote for it.

You are entitled to your opinion, but please don't state it as of it's a fact.

And for your information I have never voted Labour.

Amazon invests a huge amount of it's income into improving it's service, meaning that it's a very real possibility that we will have drones delivering our orders on the same day of ordering in the not too distant future. They've already had Sunday deliveries for a year or so at no extra cost to Prime members.

It's plan is that it's rivals cannot possibly compete with them on service which will lead to huge growth, this growth will allow them to put even more pressure on their suppliers to squeeze their margins more and push back payment days to their suppliers.

They do this because they process huge amount of money and the longer they keep that money the more money it earns for them in one way or another.

So although it may make a profit on it's individual transactions it's drive for investment means that the overall business may not be profitable, even though it will hold an enormous amount of money within its business.

So if Amazon doesn't make significant profits and therefore it seems doesn't pay much corporation tax, and it doesn't employ great numbers of people, and it acts as a highly efficient way of delivering imported goods into our homes then what exactly do we as a country gain from Amazon operating here? Especially given that its model has been a significant factor in the decline of our high streets.

We should kick em out perhaps?

You are entitled to your opinion, but please don't state it as of it's a fact.

And for your information I have never voted Labour. Nor have I decided whether I will in future. I prefer to listen to what they have to say first, and see how they do over the next couple of years.

That is called listening and engaging the brain, unlike you, who only seem capable of dealing in insults. Now that really does signify a closed mind.

To be fair they don't have to do much right now. The party has had a big change of direction, and is about to go through a period of policy shaping. They would be foolish to commit to a whole set of policies they hadn't fully thought through.

The most important thing for the next few months is to hold the government to account. Policies will come a few months down the line and they'll certainly have to have something credible in place before elections next year.

I'm impressed you watched the whole thing though. Not sure I could have in all honesty.