The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

So if Amazon doesn't make significant profits and therefore it seems doesn't pay much corporation tax, and it doesn't employ great numbers of people, and it acts as a highly efficient way of delivering imported goods into our homes then what exactly do we as a country gain from Amazon operating here? Especially given that its model has been a significant factor in the decline of our high streets.

We should kick em out perhaps?

Yes, kick Amazon out, that will show the customers who's boss.

So if Amazon doesn't make significant profits and therefore it seems doesn't pay much corporation tax, and it doesn't employ great numbers of people, and it acts as a highly efficient way of delivering imported goods into our homes then what exactly do we as a country gain from Amazon operating here? Especially given that its model has been a significant factor in the decline of our high streets.

We should kick em out perhaps?

Joe Average throughout the UK gets unrivalled consumer choice at rock bottom prices with a very competent service.

That said, personally, I can easily live without it.

So, so far as I'm concerned, fine, kick them out.

Let's get back to bricks and mortar, it's the future don't you know ;)

Nice company, Corbyn was keeping yesterday: a Holocaust denier, no less :roll: I didn't think he could stoop any lower in my esteem, after his various declarations in the past few weeks about the IRA, the Falklands, mass immigration, to say nothing of his Corbynomics. I was well wrong.

Edited by L00b

they are multinational and can post stuff to you from anywhere on the planet, and pay their taxes there too.

---------- Post added 29-09-2015 at 23:00 ----------

incidentally it seems that corbyn's speech today wasn't written by him, or even for him. it was sent in by a supporter 20 years ago and rejected. the best bit was when corbyn said "Strong delivery here" as he read out the autocue notes.

Edited by drummonds

If their activities cause economic damage then why not kick them out? Serious question.

---------- Post added 29-09-2015 at 23:30 ----------

Joe Average throughout the UK gets unrivalled consumer choice at rock bottom prices with a very competent service.

Nice company, Corbyn was keeping yesterday: a Holocaust denier, no less :roll: I didn't think he could stoop any lower in my esteem, after his various declarations in the past few weeks about the IRA, the Falklands, mass immigration, to say nothing of his Corbynomics. I was well wrong.

Is it unrivalled service? Why are the prices so low?

---------- Post added 29-09-2015 at 23:34 ----------

they are multinational and can post stuff to you from anywhere on the planet, and pay their taxes there too.

---------- Post added 29-09-2015 at 23:00 ----------

incidentally it seems that corbyn's speech today wasn't written by him, or even for him. it was sent in by a supporter 20 years ago and rejected. the best bit was when corbyn said "Strong delivery here" as he read out the autocue notes.

Does Cameron write his own speeches?

'The Prime Ministers larynx'

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/steerpike/2015/06/camerons-former-speechwriter-clare-foges-launches-attack-on-tories/

Does Cameron never make mistakes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/david-cameron/11451154/Watch-David-Camerons-awkward-leadership-gaffes-in-60-seconds.html

there was no mention at all, even in passing, that the Labour party he leads has just suffered one of the very worst electoral setbacks it has ever had, when they got totally drubbed in the General Election in May.

he didn't even mention it.

he didn't mention any elections in fact, not just the one his party has just lost, which any other new Labour leader after an electoral defeat would have done in a conference speech, but also not even specifically the ones that they will have to contest in the near future. Like in May.

aren't Labour, or for that matter any other party leaders supposed to try to galvanize the troops into battle, by at least mentioning the battle to come? Why did he not even bother to try? Does he think that just making a few silly remarks about Scotland, is enough? They have to fight an important election up there, next year!

Labour will get a bounce from this conference just because it's a bit of a novelty. But it won't last. This was not a high water moment. But it is as good as it is going to get.

Edited by blake

Crikey, he was actaully on the stage at the same time as an accused holocaust denier, Hasnt any other politicians ever mixed in the wrong circles, as i recall Thatcher was actually GOOD FRIENDS with people who were rather unsavoury

http://canvas.union.shef.ac.uk/wordpress/?p=2068

see how silly your post looks now :huh:

A few simple searches on the net and you can see pictures of Cameron sitting rather cosily with the rulers of Saudi Arabia, terrorist sponsors and a shocking record on human rights.

Tony Blair.......don't get me started.

---------- Post added 30-09-2015 at 00:03 ----------

there was no mention at all, even in passing, that the Labour party he leads has just suffered one of the very worst electoral setbacks it has ever had, when they got totally drubbed in the General Election in May.

he didn't even even mention it.

he didn't mention any elections in fact, not just the one his party has just lost, which any other new Labour leader after an electoral defeat would have done in a conference speech, but also not even specifically the ones that they will have to contest in the near future. Like in May.

aren't Labour, or for that matter any other party leaders supposed to try to galvanize the troops into battle, by at least mentioning the battle to come? Why did he not even bother to try? Does he think that just making a few silly remarks about Scotland, is enough? They have to fight an important election up there, next year!

Labour will get a bounce from this conference just because it's a bit of a novelty. But it won't last. This was not a high water moment. But it is as good as it is going to get.

When will people get what is happening.

Corbyn won't be around at the next election

Labour don't need a bounce from this conference.

The real business starts after Christmas, and that is around really pushing a new political debate. It might succeed. It will most likely fail. But at least we'll have had at least some kind of challenge.

Labour will be picking a new leader in 2 years-ish but in the meantime Corbyn has an important job to do for us all.

look I never said anything other that Corbyn isn't going to last the parliament, but they still should have made a better show in this conference that they are supposed to be the main opposition party, and they will be fighting really important elections next May. In Scotland. In London. The local elections, which even if it wasn't for the other two, are always really important after a big general election defeat that a party suffers.

we can expect that the Tories will actually be trying to play Corbyn up from now on. They will try to paint him as an amiable, bumbling, very British, and fundamentally harmless figure. They will stop trying to diss him quite so negatively. They know that the longer Corbyn hangs on to being Labour party leader and isn't replaced so very quickly, the easier they will find it, and the longer they will be able, to cling on to power.

Crikey, he was actaully on the stage at the same time as an accused holocaust denier, Hasnt any other politicians ever mixed in the wrong circles, as i recall Thatcher was actually GOOD FRIENDS with people who were rather unsavoury

http://canvas.union.shef.ac.uk/wordpress/?p=2068

see how silly your post looks now :huh:

I think you'll find my post was merely factual.

Is Holocaust denial now acceptable in these multiculturally-enriched days?

Is Israel manufacturing beheadings in Iraq and passing them off as ISIS' doing?

See how daft your attempt to make a right out of two wrongs (separated by some 30-odd years :roll:) looks yet? :huh:

I do note how you equal Corbyn's political morals with Thatcher's, though. I take it that irony (and, accessorily, hypocrisy) are a bit wasted on you as concepts?

---------- Post added 30-09-2015 at 00:27 ----------

Is it unrivalled service? Why are the prices so low?
Where do you get better e-tailing service for the (sheer variety of-) stuff they sell?

Where else do you find half the (rare/retro/vintage/out-of-print/abandoned format <etc>) stuff they sell, new and at the mere click of a mouse?

Personally, I've never used it much at all, other than at Xmas time for saving time...but it is my go-to place for the really rare/hard-to-find electronica/AV/gadget/gaming stuff I'm after every now and then: short of learning Japanese and e-tailing with JP retailers direct (they're not all fully conversant with English, far from it), there aren't many other places online, and you can forget bricks and mortar in this country (incl. London) altogether, now or 10 years ago.

JFKvsNixon explained their pricing already, perfectly clearly and more than adequately.

Edited by L00b

I think you'll find my post was merely factual.

Is Holocaust denial now acceptable in these multiculturally-enriched days?

Is Israel manufacturing beheadings in Iraq and passing them off as ISIS' doing?

See how daft your attempt to make a right out of two wrongs (separated by some 30-odd years :roll:) looks yet? :huh:

I do note how you equal Corbyn's political morals with Thatcher's, though. I take it that irony (and, accessorily, hypocrisy) are a bit wasted on you as concepts?

---------- Post added 30-09-2015 at 00:27 ----------

Where do you get better e-tailing service for the (sheer variety of-) stuff they sell?

Where else do you find half the (rare/retro/vintage/out-of-print/abandoned format <etc>) stuff they sell, new and at the mere click of a mouse?

Personally, I've never used it much at all, other than at Xmas time for saving time...but it is my go-to place for the really rare/hard-to-find electronica/AV/gadget/gaming stuff I'm after every now and then: short of learning Japanese and e-tailing with JP retailers direct (they're not all fully conversant with English, far from it), there aren't many other places online, and you can forget bricks and mortar in this country (incl. London) altogether, now or 10 years ago.

JFKvsNixon explained their pricing already, perfectly clearly and more than adequately.

My post is also factually correct, and not misleading as yours is.

Being a holocaust denier is not acceptable, hasnt Jeremy Corbyn already explained that on numerous occasions.? or do you choose to ignore that fact?

Corbyn has renounced all violence on numerous occasions, but still the right wing biased media seem to have him marked as someone who supports violence, which is a convenient slur for people like you to throw about

Erm....i dont equal Corbyns political morals with Thatchers, do you? i would say he is somewhat higher on the moral ground :)