The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

That is called listening and engaging the brain, unlike you, who only seem capable of dealing in insults. Now that really does signify a closed mind.

You must have merely missed this then.

I'll chop two bits out for this point

Pledged to build more houses.

Cut tax breaks for buy to let landlords.

He's going to do that while introducing rent control.

Do you see the problem?

It's just going to be coming out of the pockets of the seriously rich for a change, instead of the pockets of the poor.

Roughly,

About 40% of us, the poor, don't pay direct tax, they receive it.

About 10% of us, the merely well off, pay about 40% of taxes.

About 1% of us, the sriously rich, pay about 30% of taxes.

Somebody else can check the exact figures but you'll get the point to not scare off the seriously rich, or even the moderately well off. Corbyn's doing both to gain the support of those who don't contribute so much.

I really do love your well meaning idealism, it is exactly the same as Jeremy's but it is hard to see much connection to the everyday real world.

they are multinational and can post stuff to you from anywhere on the planet, and pay their taxes there too.

Two words: Import duties.

I own several items of Scottevest clothing. Unobtainable in the UK. They're good but I did get clobbered for import duties when I bought them from the USA.

It's not something I'd want to do on a regular basis.

My post is also factually correct, and not misleading as yours is.
My post stated that Corbyn kept company with Husam Zomlot in the evening of 28 September 2015, and linked evidence of the fact, with the link itself providing a Youtube video of Zomlot accusing Israel of fabricating beheadings and the Holocaust.

The rest was about my personal opinion of Corbyn as a politician.

How is any of that misleading? :huh:

Your "factual" reply post was just your personal opinion ending with a claim that my post was 'silly'. Now, if merely reporting a factual occurrence, as I did, is considered 'silly' these days, that doesn't leave a whole lot of room for freely expressing ones' opinions, does it? :rolleyes:

Being a holocaust denier is not acceptable, hasnt Jeremy Corbyn already explained that on numerous occasions.? or do you choose to ignore that fact?
I'm not suspended on his every word, I merely observe facts.

He may well have claimed that denying the Holocaust is unacceptable...

...so why did he attend the Labour Friends of Palestine function knowing he'd share the stage with well-known-for-his-views Holocaust denier Zomlot?

Is it a case of "do as I say not as I do", or are his PR/cabinet director/handlers as woefully inept as I suspect?

Corbyn has renounced all violence on numerous occasions, but still the right wing biased media seem to have him marked as someone who supports violence,
I don't hold him as someone who supports violence at all. By all accounts, he appears entirely incapable of any whatsoever, even if it were to defend his own life, never mind his country.

To me he is Neville Chamberlain resurrected. We all know how that worked out last time, when pacifism and apologism were pushed to the point of abnegation.

Erm....i dont equal Corbyns political morals with Thatchers, do you?
I certainly don't. She had at least some principles, and the UK's best interests at heart whether she did right or wrong. So far as I'm concerned, Corbyn has yet to demonstrate any of either. Edited by L00b

Crikey, he was actaully on the stage at the same time as an accused holocaust denier, Hasnt any other politicians ever mixed in the wrong circles, as i recall Thatcher was actually GOOD FRIENDS with people who were rather unsavoury

http://canvas.union.shef.ac.uk/wordpress/?p=2068

see how silly your post looks now :huh:

Are you saying Corbyn is no different to or better than any other politician? That's disappointing if it's the case..

Two words: Import duties.

I own several items of Scottevest clothing. Unobtainable in the UK. They're good but I did get clobbered for import duties when I bought them from the USA.

It's not something I'd want to do on a regular basis.

that's odd. i ship thousands of pounds worth of goods from china and never pay a bean. the secret is to keep the packet value down to around £15. then you can sent pretty much anything anywhere and pay no duty or vat.

Edited by drummonds

look I never said anything other that Corbyn isn't going to last the parliament, but they still should have made a better show in this conference that they are supposed to be the main opposition party, and they will be fighting really important elections next May. In Scotland. In London. The local elections, which even if it wasn't for the other two, are always really important after a big general election defeat that a party suffers.

we can expect that the Tories will actually be trying to play Corbyn up from now on. They will try to paint him as an amiable, bumbling, very British, and fundamentally harmless figure. They will stop trying to diss him quite so negatively. They know that the longer Corbyn hangs on to being Labour party leader and isn't replaced so very quickly, the easier they will find it, and the longer they will be able, to cling on to power.

A bit like Boris then :rolleyes:

But it is odd that all these Tories are contributing to the Labour Party thread, and not even contributing to the Conservative Party thread....I'd thought David Cameron's pig ****ing activities would've kept them in gossip for weeks.....Perhaps they have nothing to contribute to their own party, or their policies?

Edited by Mister M

that's odd. i ship thousands of pounds worth of goods from china and never pay a bean. the secret is to keep the packet value down to around £15. then you can sent pretty much anything anywhere and pay no duty or vat.
I think taxman wants a word :hihi:

Are you saying Corbyn is no different to or better than any other politician? That's disappointing if it's the case..

Of course he's no different - he's a politician. Part of his job is talking to anyone and everyone and now he's got to justify why like any other political leader. I've not that fussed about the company he used to keep if I'm honest some of his policies concern me enough not to vote for him (although some I surprisingly like)

Of course he's no different - he's a politician. Part of his job is talking to anyone and everyone and now he's got to justify why like any other political leader. I've not that fussed about the company he used to keep if I'm honest some of his policies concern me enough not to vote for him (although some I surprisingly like)

Sorry, but I have to disagree. I think he's very different from your average politician, in fact it's his USP.

He is certainly not your polished, smooth, Oxbridge elite, professional politician. (His appalling use of the autocue in his speech proved that.)

What he is, is a very experienced MP, but unused to the media frenzy he is creating, and a man of sincerity, honesty and integrity. That alone marks him apart, though it pains me to see his honesty used against him.

Have we really become so used to politicians having every word they speak doctored and censored by lackies to the point of pc blandness, that anyone who says anything even mildly controversial, even if it is only a point being put forward for discussion, is singled out as some sort of terrible left wing anarchist by the right wing press?