The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

The other way of looking at it is if he did get into office then he could rapidly solve the problem by scrapping the fleet of subs. Doing so would mean he would never have to make the decision to push any button. That s probably how his mind is working.

I don't think the public would vote him in on that basis but you never know. Some weird things have happened already with Corbyn.

now there's the thing. the labour mps were in open revolt today at conference. lots of them happy to give tv interviews saying corbyn is wrong. that's a party in revolt. to scrap trident would need a commons vote. as labour and tory mps agree it needs replacing, it will be replaced. so it remains that corbyn is intending to put himself forward as a prime minister who would sit there and not push the button. a total head case.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/Jeremy_Corbyn/11900788/labour-conference-day-four-live.html

it just gets better and better, and he's only been leader for 10 days. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Edited by drummonds

the stories are going to be never ending. The Israelis have noticed that when Corbyn addressed the Labour Friends of Israel meeting last night - in an admittedly very short 8 minute address - he never said the word 'Israel' once. But when he spoke at the Labour Friends of Palestine meeting a couple of days ago he said 'Palestine' about ten times.

the stories are going to be never ending. The Israelis have noticed that when Corbyn addressed the Labour Friends of Israel meeting last night - in an admittedly very short 8 minute address - he never said the word 'Israel' once. But when he spoke at the Labour Friends of Palestine meeting a couple of days ago he said 'Palestine' about ten times.

The guy is dangerous. I did think it was a bit of a joke at first, but the more I hear from him, the more it worries me.

He's the leader of Her Majesty's opposition, but he's coming across to me as a terrorist sympathiser and his comments on Trident undermine national security. To think he has a chance of being PM, however remote, really is quite frightening.

His only chance is if:

a. the Labour Party, alone or with another party, has a majority n the House of Commons at the next General Election; and

b. he is still Labour's leader at that point.

A positive to both points is very implausible. "Remote" does not do justice to the improbability.

I certainly don't. She had at least some principles, and the UK's best interests at heart whether she did right or wrong. So far as I'm concerned, Corbyn has yet to demonstrate any of either.

I'm all for sweeping generalisations, but it is difficult to justify that Mrs Thatcher had "the UK's best interests at heart". She may have had what she believed to be the country's best interests at heart, but that is not necessarily the same thing - and it does depend on which issues, and which part of the country you're talking about

And of course Mr Corbyn has principles, just maybe not ones you agree with

He's the leader of Her Majesty's opposition, but he's coming across to me as a terrorist sympathiser and his comments on Trident undermine national security. To think he has a chance of being PM, however remote, really is quite frightening.

I dont think Trident is the actual issue per say, i am not bothered if we have it or not...

However he seems to be out of step with the majority of his party, and these differences cant continue for to long

I think he will be gone by the new year. What he has done is got a lot of new people into the party.

So why promise his own colleagues a debate on it one week, and then completely undermine it the next? I heard his interview on radio and it seems his idea of a debate is somewhat one-sided. At this rate, alienating his own team, he won't even last until Xmas.

Couldnt agree more,

The only thing he has done is re invigorated a lot of people who were not interested in politics. He is completely honest and straight talking and very different