The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

what the Tories want is for Corbyn to continue acting the amiable fool and lose votes, but not all that many. If Corbyn loses too many votes, Labour will have to replace him with somebody else and that is the last thing the Tories want.

Are you trying to pass this off as some kind of stunning revelation?

The Conservatives are a political party and they want to win elections. Astonishing I know but there it is.

It's not an Illuminati scale clandestine conspiracy.

The Conservatives are a political party and they want to win elections. Astonishing I know but there it is.

It's not an Illuminati scale clandestine conspiracy.

but it does seem to be working very well indeed.

the normal principle in elections is to try to win by as crushing a margin as you possibly can. But it is slightly different this time. The Tories want Corbyn to stay as Labour leader. They don't want him to stop being Labour leader and be replaced by someone else, which is what will happen if Labour starts getting totally obliterated, rather than just soundly beaten, in every election they contest, from now on. I think that if they are smart, the Tories should go easy on Corbyn, and even talk him up, like the cricketer Don Bradman used to talk up English bowlers and say how good they were, whilst continuing to score double and triple centuries against them.

what the Tories want is for Corbyn to continue acting the amiable fool and lose votes, but not all that many. If Corbyn loses too many votes, Labour will have to replace him with somebody else and that is the last thing the Tories want.

Acting the amiable fool didn't harm Boris Johnson's path to power in London.

Acting the amiable fool didn't harm Boris Johnson's path to power in London.

there is a difference between someone who is intelligent and highly educated playing the buffoon and some trotskyite nutcase being himself. put boris in front of a tv camera and it becomes apparent. he doesn't read out the autocue instructions. :hihi::hihi:

there is a difference between someone who is intelligent and highly educated playing the buffoon and some trotskyite nutcase being himself. put boris in front of a tv camera and it becomes apparent. he doesn't read out the autocue instructions. :hihi::hihi:

I think you and JC need to get a room. You're obsessed by him! :loopy:

I think you and JC need to get a room. You're obsessed by him! :loopy:

Yeah but not in a good way.

The transparency of the people who write hostile messages on this thread is so obvious; they must think others are as stupid as them.

They don't have the confidence or positivity to contribute to the debate in their own party, so they get off on ******* on their opponents :rolleyes:

The transparency of the people who write hostile messages on this thread is so obvious; they must think others are as stupid as them.

They don't have the confidence or positivity to contribute to the debate in their own party, so they get off on ******* on their opponents :rolleyes:

Reminds me of the right wing press :hihi:

I've just watched QT from Thursday - an excellent episode if you missed it. That's the first time I've seen Stephen Kinnock, I thought he presented himself very well given the tough questions about Corbyn.

I hope Corbyn goes on it himself though.

Plaid got ragged again, I don't see the point of them, or her - she lives in the clouds I think.

oh dear.. The transparency of the people who try to gloss over labour's dilema on this thread is so obvious; they must think others are as stupid as them.

They don't have the confidence or positivity to contribute to the debate so they get off on ******* and personal attacks :rolleyes:

labour are coming apart at the seams and you guys are crapping yourselves because it is your messiah that is digging the grave.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

odd innit that you take a poke at folk who are discussing the labour party, which is the subject of the thread, then spend your time making personal comment about people you have never met and about whom you know nothing. :rolleyes:

Edited by drummonds