The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

oh dear.. The transparency of the people who try to gloss over labour's dilema on this thread is so obvious; they must think others are as stupid as them.

They don't have the confidence or positivity to contribute to the debate so they get off on ******* and personal attacks :rolleyes:

labour are coming apart at the seams and you guys are crapping yourselves because it is your messiah that is digging the grave.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

odd innit that you take a poke at folk who are discussing the labour party, which is the subject of the thread, then spend your time making personal comment about people you have never met and about whom you know nothing. :rolleyes:

No personal attacks from me here. I just pointed out that you seem to be fascinated by JC. Odd really as you don't seem to support him?!

As far as I can see, I see a party leader that's just won a leadership election by the biggest landslide in the parties history. Not to mention a membership that continues to grow at a record breaking rate.

I'm not worried in the slightest. I'm excited. Whether he can be in power in 2020 is irrelevant, he represents real change and brings a serious debate to the table. That's been missing from politics for far too long.

oh dear.. The transparency of the people who try to gloss over labour's dilema on this thread is so obvious; they must think others are as stupid as them.

They don't have the confidence or positivity to contribute to the debate so they get off on ******* and personal attacks :rolleyes:

labour are coming apart at the seams and you guys are crapping yourselves because it is your messiah that is digging the grave.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

odd innit that you take a poke at folk who are discussing the labour party, which is the subject of the thread, then spend your time making personal comment about people you have never met and about whom you know nothing. :rolleyes:

No I don't think it's odd at all. Reading your contributions, there is nothing positive, a fresh contribution, a reasoned alternative. Just attack. Which is okay....But what goes around comes around.

Btw he isn't my messiah. I haven't voted Labour since 2001. Though my observation is that he is genuinely trying to re build, from bottom up, an alternative party and narrative. Whilst I don't agree with everything he stands for, he has my respect for his endeavour.

Yeah but not in a good way.

The transparency of the people who write hostile messages on this thread is so obvious; they must think others are as stupid as them.

They don't have the confidence or positivity to contribute to the debate in their own party, so they get off on ******* on their opponents :rolleyes:

The conservative thread is closed for review for some reason - so it's very difficult to post on that thread.

---------- Post added 03-10-2015 at 17:24 ----------

That nice-looking lady from Plaid Cymru? She's the eye candy.

That Charlotte Church though, she may have a nice rear, but Jeez she is stupid. Suggesting we go out to talk to ISIL :roll: . Perhaps she'd like to volunteer as our Ambassador - see how long she lasts...

No personal attacks from me here. I just pointed out that you seem to be fascinated by JC. Odd really as you don't seem to support him?!

As far as I can see, I see a party leader that's just won a leadership election by the biggest landslide in the parties history. Not to mention a membership that continues to grow at a record breaking rate.

I'm not worried in the slightest. I'm excited. Whether he can be in power in 2020 is irrelevant, he represents real change and brings a serious debate to the table. That's been missing from politics for far too long.

i'm very happy for you. its great that the party membership has increased. that's not quite the same as having the electorate on side, but otherwise it's great. if you are happy to have corbyn as party leader and i'm happy to have corbyn as labour leader we are both happy, although i suspect i'll be rather happier than you in 5 years time.

---------- Post added 03-10-2015 at 17:40 ----------

No I don't think it's odd at all. Reading your contributions, there is nothing positive, a fresh contribution, a reasoned alternative. Just attack. Which is okay....But what goes around comes around.

Btw he isn't my messiah. I haven't voted Labour since 2001. Though my observation is that he is genuinely trying to re build, from bottom up, an alternative party and narrative. Whilst I don't agree with everything he stands for, he has my respect for his endeavour.

hey don't get me wrong i personally think there is no one better to lead

labour at the moment unless they take scargill back into the party.

Acting the amiable fool didn't harm Boris Johnson's path to power in London.

Are you serious? I wouldn't vote for him but Johnson is in a different class to Corbyn. He's much higher calibre, he isn't stupid enough to espouse policies a massive chunk of the electorate are going to run a mile from, and furthermore he plays the fool much better than Corbyn does, not least because he possesses something in spades that Corbyn does not possess at all - an actual sense of humour.

That nice-looking lady from Plaid Cymru? She's the eye candy.

She's not bad looking. Shame about what she says though :hihi:

That Charlotte Church though, she may have a nice rear, but Jeez she is stupid. Suggesting we go out to talk to ISIL :roll: . Perhaps she'd like to volunteer as our Ambassador - see how long she lasts...

I like Charlotte looks wise too :love:, what came out of her mouth was worse than Plaid though. Another ideologist.

What some people seem to be forgetting is that many in the labour party would rather be in opposition espousing policies they support than be in government putting forward policies they don't

A lot of the current Corbyn supporters were very unhappy with the Blair years as they couldn't influence policy so they were still, effectively, in opposition.

The current situation is better for them

Labour policy will probably shift leftwards in some areas (although not all) - this is not necessarily a bad thing

One of the biggest complaints at the last election (and in recent years) is " they're all the same" - if Mr Corbyn does manage to change policies and the way their politics is done, that complaint will no longer be valid

It will be good for politics - whether it is good for the Labour party or the country remains to be seen

What some people seem to be forgetting is that many in the labour party would rather be in opposition espousing policies they support than be in government putting forward policies they don't

A lot of the current Corbyn supporters were very unhappy with the Blair years as they couldn't influence policy so they were still, effectively, in opposition.

The current situation is better for them

Labour policy will probably shift leftwards in some areas (although not all) - this is not necessarily a bad thing

One of the biggest complaints at the last election (and in recent years) is " they're all the same" - if Mr Corbyn does manage to change policies and the way their politics is done, that complaint will no longer be valid

It will be good for politics - whether it is good for the Labour party or the country remains to be seen

that sounds about right particularly for folk who are happy for the country to be goverened by the tories as long as they aren't goverend by moderate labour. it would certainly get my vote.