The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

She's not bad looking. Shame about what she says though :hihi:

I like Charlotte looks wise too :love:, what came out of her mouth was worse than Plaid though. Another ideologist.

How can the Beebe give a seat on a serious if not THE serious current affairs programme to someone without a brain?

i'm very happy for you. its great that the party membership has increased. that's not quite the same as having the electorate on side, but otherwise it's great. if you are happy to have corbyn as party leader and i'm happy to have corbyn as labour leader we are both happy, although i suspect i'll be rather happier than you in 5 years time.

That remains to be seen. You can't predict the future. One thing I can say, Labour are growing at a pace never seen before. The right wing press are a laughing stock as they throw dirt at JC on a daily basis, none of which will stick.

I'd be worried if I were a member of the elite right wing. The party is coming to an end. There's no loyalty between those lot. Look at what's happened with "pig gate". They're even willing to go after their own Prim Minister! Thanks to social media and an open, unpolicable information highway, they can no longer hide behind lies and propaganda like they used to.

Like I said, I'm not worried in the slightest. Years down the line, winning an election may not necessarily mean you're in power.

---------- Post added 04-10-2015 at 13:34 ----------

How can the Beebe give a seat on a serious if not THE serious current affairs programme to someone without a brain?

Typical Tory comment on your footer Ron :thumbsup: personal attacks seem to be the theme at the moment. Especially about how JC looks and dresses. Sad really, especially when there's so much to debate about the countries future :roll:

That remains to be seen. You can't predict the future. One thing I can say, Labour are growing at a pace never seen before. The right wing press are a laughing stock as they throw dirt at JC on a daily basis, none of which will stick.

I'd be worried if I were a member of the elite right wing. The party is coming to an end. There's no loyalty between those lot. Look at what's happened with "pig gate". They're even willing to go after their own Prim Minister! Thanks to social media and an open, unpolicable information highway, they can no longer hide behind lies and propaganda like they used to.

Like I said, I'm not worried in the slightest. Years down the line, winning an election may not necessarily mean you're in power.

---------- Post added 04-10-2015 at 13:34 ----------

Typical Tory comment on your footer Ron :thumbsup: personal attacks seem to be the theme at the moment. Especially about how JC looks and dresses. Sad really, especially when there's so much to debate about the country's future :roll:

It's not necessarily about how he looks. Its a reflection about how unworldly he is.

Edited by RonJeremy

Corbyn will not have to work too hard to show the Conservative Party up for the mean and selfish bunch that they are. Next April the cuts on tax credits will kick in and thousands of the lower paid will lose sums large enough to affect their financial viability. Junior doctors are threatening to strike and/or are leaving the profession/country in droves. The NHS is short of billions, nothing has been done about the care cap, rents are rising, young people can't find jobs or get on the housing ladder, indeed, Tory policy is stoking another housing bubble. The mentally ill and terminally ill are being sanctioned and losing their benefits. There is no plan or strategy for growth. The only growth we can see is in the number of food banks. All this will get worse. Labour should walk it in 2020.

Because if you want to run the country you need to understand how the world works and not an idealist with your head in clouds. Some of his views, whilst very noble, are completely unrealistic.

Such as engaging in debate with your enemies rather than wanting to start armageddon?

---------- Post added 04-10-2015 at 16:00 ----------

Corbyn will not have to work too hard to show the Conservative Party up for the mean and selfish bunch that they are. Next April the cuts on tax credits will kick in and thousands of the lower paid will lose sums large enough to affect their financial viability. Junior doctors are threatening to strike and/or are leaving the profession/country in droves. The NHS is short of billions, nothing has been done about the care cap, rents are rising, young people can't find jobs or get on the housing ladder, indeed, Tory policy is stoking another housing bubble. The mentally ill and terminally ill are being sanctioned and losing their benefits. There is no plan or strategy for growth. The only growth we can see is in the number of food banks. All this will get worse. Labour should walk it in 2020.

But JC looks like supply teacher and doesn't sing the national anthem! Let's ficus on the 'real' issues here! :hihi:

i agree. they said ed miliband was unelectable in 2010. they said labour had picked the wrong brother, but who's laughing now? ed showed 'em.

your so called pig gate died a death pretty quickly on account of no one actually believed it. i think folk got wise to that sort of thing when damien mcbride was around making up lurid lies to pass on to the media.

---------- Post added 04-10-2015 at 16:10 ----------

personal attacks seem to be the theme at the moment. Especially about how JC looks and dresses. Sad really, especially when there's so much to debate about the countries future :roll:

sadly jc seems too busy disagreeing with his own shadow cabinet to actually have time to disagree with david cameron. if labour can find 2 people to agree on a party policy then there might be something to debate.

Such as engaging in debate with your enemies rather than wanting to start armageddon?

---------- Post added 04-10-2015 at 16:00 ----------

But JC looks like supply teacher and doesn't sing the national anthem! Let's ficus on the 'real' issues here! :hihi:

Go on, please tell me the dialogue he would plan to have with ISIS or the taliban. Jesus Christ, can you imagine what Putin would make of him?!?!

There are times when you need to negotiate and there are times when you can't just invite someone round for a cup of fair trade green tea and free range rice cakes and talk it out.

Has he (or you) seen anything that makes you think ISIS can be negotiated with? That will only happen if the world lets go great swathes of Syria and Iraq and that's also assuming they'll stop at those borders.