The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Quote from the article:

He did, though, fair better than opponent David Cameron, who scored 31% upon becoming Tory leader in 2006.

The figure is got by comparing those satisfied with those dissatisfied..more were dissatisfied with Corbyn that with Cameron.. so the equivalent figure for Corbyn's -3% is +14% .............statistics eh? :)

Edited by truman

Quote from the article:

He did, though, fair better than opponent David Cameron, who scored 31% upon becoming Tory leader in 2006.

actually the guardian put it rather better.

Jeremy Corbyn has done little to boost Labour’s popularity and faces an uphill struggle to convince voters that he would be a better prime minister than David Cameron, according to a new Opinium/Observer poll.

The survey taken during Corbyn’s first week as Labour leader found almost twice as many voters choosing Cameron (41%) over Corbyn (22%) as the best occupant of No 10.

While 89% of Tory voters said Cameron would be the best PM, only 58% of Labour backers said they thought Corbyn would do the job best, suggesting serious doubts within Labour ranks about their newly elected leader.

When asked a separate question – if they could imagine Corbyn as prime minister – 32% of likely voters said they could. However, 57% said they could not, including nearly a quarter (23%) of Labour voters.

actually the guardian put it rather better.

Jeremy Corbyn has done little to boost Labour’s popularity and faces an uphill struggle to convince voters that he would be a better prime minister than David Cameron, according to a new Opinium/Observer poll.

The survey taken during Corbyn’s first week as Labour leader found almost twice as many voters choosing Cameron (41%) over Corbyn (22%) as the best occupant of No 10.

While 89% of Tory voters said Cameron would be the best PM, only 58% of Labour backers said they thought Corbyn would do the job best, suggesting serious doubts within Labour ranks about their newly elected leader.

When asked a separate question – if they could imagine Corbyn as prime minister – 32% of likely voters said they could. However, 57% said they could not, including nearly a quarter (23%) of Labour voters.

That statement makes no sense as 32% is higher than Labours share of the vote last time so surely that's an improvement on Miliband.

That statement makes no sense as 32% is higher than Labours share of the vote last time so surely that's an improvement on Miliband.

perhaps if you brushed up on your reading skills. it says only 32% of likely voters could imagine corbyn as prime minister. hardly the same as saying they would vote for his party. but i would imaging that you would need to consider him as a plausible prime minister before you would consider voting for him. so it's limiting your voter bases to that 32%, many of who will vote ukip, libdem, green snp or some other party for other reasons.

but it's good that you noticed labour didn't manage 32% at the election in may.

Corbyn is not quite a Communist I suppose but far-left people like Corbyn actually have a total contempt for the working class (read 'ordinary electorate'). People like Corbyn get especially nasty about the working class, when the working class refuses to vote for them because they don't like the policies being offered by people like Corbyn in elections. Corbyn will blame the media for turning the working class against his policies, though really he is blaming the working class itself, because he obviously thinks it is stupid for thinking that the media could possibly do this. Fundamentally, far-left Communist-type people like Corbyn have a total contempt for the working class. They think that the working class should just do what people like Corbyn say, under a dictatorship headed by an elite that believes only what far-left people like Corbyn and Mcdonnell believe and in which nothing else is allowed.

Yet Corbyn has attracted more new members than ever before: 160,000 at the last count. These are ordinary rank and file voters.

Nor is Corbyn Communist or even that far left. It's just Cameron who is so far right and a constant stream of right wing innuendo.

As he says, tongue on cheek, in his opening speech;

"Journalists report so thoroughly these days - like when I was reported as cycling round London on a 'Chairman Mao' bicycle.

Now, a less thorough reporter might just have said, ..... a bicycle?

Corbyn is not quite a Communist I suppose but far-left people like Corbyn actually have a total contempt for the working class (read 'ordinary electorate'). People like Corbyn get especially nasty about the working class, when the working class refuses to vote for them because they don't like the policies being offered by people like Corbyn in elections. Corbyn will blame the media for turning the working class against his policies, though really he is blaming the working class itself, because he obviously thinks it is stupid for thinking that the media could possibly do this. Fundamentally, far-left Communist-type people like Corbyn have a total contempt for the working class. They think that the working class should just do what people like Corbyn say, under a dictatorship headed by an elite that believes only what far-left people like Corbyn and Mcdonnell believe and in which nothing else is allowed.

What a waste of a post. Really, do you honestly believe any of that drivel?

It's just Cameron who is so far right and a constant stream of right wing innuendo.

Cameron isn't that far right at all. He nearly split his party to all hell, on gay marriage and also he is also tacking left on Europe. Cameron isn't stupid. He has gleefully gone, not believing his luck, in to the centre ground that Labour had already partly vacated with Miliband, but has now totally abandoned, under Corbyn. In this way, especially with the Liberals out of it, Cameron thinks he can ensure the Tories can take control of the centre totally and govern for a generation or more after he, Cameron, has gone. And that will be as good a legacy to the Tories that Cameron could possibly give. He's going to be thought of in the future as having been a good party leader for the fortunes of the Tory party, Cameron. But not quite as good a party leader for the fortunes of the Tory party, as Corbyn. Corbyn makes Cameron's job easy. Almost too easy. I'm sure Cameron can still hardly believe his luck. And neither will whoever succeeds Cameron as Tory party leader, and who will be the next Prime Minister without a doubt.

Edited by blake

Ah well now you're just being dim then;)

If you don't support the conservatives wholeheartedly then you must be a lefty labour supporter. A balanced view or an honest mixed leaning stance is simply unthinkable!

It's like some of the opinions on here are straight off the terraces, an inflexible mindwashed support of the party like that of a delusional mother of criminal children.

I used to support them but haven't voted for them for a long time.

I don't think I could again. I've spent all of the years since they gained power in 1997 raising a family. Its been a pretty terrible time for raising kids I reckon. There are so many issues Labour failed families on.

Now that phase is nearly over for me. I've got different priorities now. Labour can't fix what they broke for me. And offer nothing different for the next phase in my life