The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Thank Goodness the Labour party pulled out of voting with the Tory's.

It was embarrassing and naive.

Just like standing on the same platform, literally, as them for the Scottish Independence campaign. The Scots will take a long time to forget that and it lost them so many seats in the General Election.

John McDonnell has pulled out...think it was a surprise to a lot of his fellow Labour MPs..

Bit embarrassing for them. I wondered what McDonnell was up to. Very odd.

Naive is the word. He was being honest I guess. The whole new team need to wise up to the dirty world of politics. The PLP have much to teach them if they are prepared to learn.

Bit embarrassing for them. I wondered what McDonnell was up to. Very odd.

just when you think they are making a bid towards economic credibility..........

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-leadership-faces-revolt-over-economic-u-turn-as-mp-storms-out-of-total-fing-shambles-meeting-a6691511.html

but they never let you down on laughs.

---------- Post added 14-10-2015 at 12:19 ----------

Nothing new there. Crash McRuin redefined his precious "golden rule".

LINK

deficit denial is a non-starter for anyone to have any economic credibility with the electorate

I have just been watching the start of the parliamentary vote on the fiscal charter and a lot of the Labour backbenchers were nodding in agreement with George Osborne while the Labour frontbenchers were barracking him.If the backbenchers do not agree with Jeremy Corbyn they should follow their hearts and vote against their leader,after all their leader voted against them over 500 times during the last labour government.

I have just been watching the start of the parliamentary vote on the fiscal charter and a lot of the Labour backbenchers were nodding in agreement with George Osborne while the Labour frontbenchers were barracking him.If the backbenchers do not agree with Jeremy Corbyn they should follow their hearts and vote against their leader,after all their leader voted against them over 500 times during the last labour government.

Going to be interesting

The law Osborne is trying to introduce is ridiculous though. Running a permanent surplus means that the surplus has to come from somewhere.

Boys and girls that surplus will come from you and me. We will be asked to pay more in tax than the government spends. Any Tory voter who has seriously thought that through should be seriously unhappy.

The law will be a straightjacket. A commitment to balance the books would be far more credible.

Going to be interesting

The law Osborne is trying to introduce is ridiculous though. Running a permanent surplus means that the surplus has to come from somewhere.

Boys and girls that surplus will come from you and me. We will be asked to pay more in tax than the government spends. Any Tory voter who has seriously thought that through should be seriously unhappy.

The law will be a straightjacket. A commitment to balance the books would be far more credible.

It has just been voted through 320 votes to 258,twenty labour mp's abstained.