The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Yep I know that hence it was misleading the way Drummond used those figures. Context is everything.

It seems the reason GDP has been growing has much more to do with population growth.

Median incomes are above pre crash levels but the rate of growth is slowing.

Yep I know that hence it was misleading the way Drummond used those figures. Context is everything.

It seems the reason GDP has been growing has much more to do with population growth.

actually i took the gdp figures straight from the official website. but i'll leave you two to tut tut about that if it helps you to resolve the dilema you are in.

in the meantime what do you think all these folk have in common?

Fiona Mactaggart, Rushanara Ali, Ian Austin, Ben Bradshaw, Adrian Bailey, Shabana Mahmood, Ann Coffey, Andrew Smith, Simon Danczuk, Jamie Reed, Chris Evans, Graham Stringer, Frank Field, Gisela Stuart, Mike Gapes, Margaret Hodge, Tristram Hunt, Graham Jones, Helen Jones, Liz Kendall, Chris Leslie.

Fiona Mactaggart, Rushanara Ali, Ian Austin, Ben Bradshaw, Adrian Bailey, Shabana Mahmood, Ann Coffey, Andrew Smith, Simon Danczuk, Jamie Reed, Chris Evans, Graham Stringer, Frank Field, Gisela Stuart, Mike Gapes, Margaret Hodge, Tristram Hunt, Graham Jones, Helen Jones, Liz Kendall, Chris Leslie.

Are they all part of the new Top Gear team? :hihi:

It's either that or they all have an ounce of common sense.

actually i took the gdp figures straight from the official website. but i'll leave you two to tut tut about that if it helps you to resolve the dilema you are in.

Actually I asked you to provide the link of where you were gettin the figure from.

Im not in a dilemma at all .

Im not a Labour sipporter either so I have no bias, but thanks for your childish response.

Actually I asked you to provide the link of where you were gettin the figure from.

Im not in a dilemma at all .

Im not a Labour sipporter either so I have no bias, but thanks for your childish response.

when dealing with babies it is best to be childish.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/gdp-per-capita

perhaps research would stop you making yourself look a fool.

Why do people compare running the eccomony to a house hold? Surely it's more like running a business where you borrow to invest and always run in debt. I don't know any competative companies that don't invest in new equipment to stay ahead. So if this is the case Corbyn is right to invest in infrasturture projects to add value and growth. For the "house" analogy its like renting a room and getting £100, borrow money to do it up and rent it for £200

when dealing with babies it is best to be childish.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/gdp-per-capita

perhaps research would stop you making yourself look a fool.

That's not the official statistics. That's just a trading site.

Perhaps if you paid attention then youd realise the difference between £ and $.

Care to tell me how I have made myself look a fool?

---------- Post added 15-10-2015 at 10:29 ----------

Why do people compare running the eccomony to a house hold? Surely it's more like running a business where you borrow to invest and always run in debt. I don't know any competative companies that don't invest in new equipment to stay ahead. So if this is the case Corbyn is right to invest in infrasturture projects to add value and growth. For the "house" analogy its like renting a room and getting £100, borrow money to do it up and rent it for £200

I cna think of some reasons.

Its easy for the public to understand.

They have bad experience with debt, so its to be avoided.

Labour have had a bad track record in budgets and overspending. Influenced by the crash, but also due to the large spending commitments they made.

It makes people cautious that government are any good at investing and spending their taxes.

It wont all go on infrastructure.