The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

I'd be grateful for an answer rather than a commentary.

Hold on, I gave you some evidence for points 1 & 2. A link from a Conservative-supporting paper no less.

For point 3 I gave you my thoughts. Which is actually what you asked for.

You know what will happen if a chancellor asks people to overpay on tax to pay down debt that the public didn't create.

Hold on, I gave you some evidence for points 1 & 2. A link from a Conservative-supporting paper no less.

For point 3 I gave you my thoughts. Which is actually what you asked for.

You know what will happen if a chancellor asks people to overpay on tax to pay down debt that the public didn't create.

it does rather remind you of rats attacking a wounded fox. how many of the rats will corbyn despatch before they finally destroy him.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/0816611e-73f8-11e5-bdb1-e6e4767162cc.html#axzz3opLMDqo3

Jeremy Corbyn has been trying to find a way to spend at least three days a week away from Westminster: with Labour MPs using words such as “inept”, “incompetent” and “shambles” to describe his stewardship of the party, it may be a risky strategy.

After another dire week — in which 21 Labour MPs defied Mr Corbyn and abstained in the vote on George Osborne’s fiscal charter — the veteran leftwinger is in a race against time. He wants to use the newly created Momentum movement to mobilise the 250,000 grassroots supporters who propelled him to the Labour leadership.

The danger he faces is at Westminster, where fewer than 20 Labour MPs backed him for the leadership. Some Labour MPs fear Momentum may come to resemble Militant in the 1980s: a leftwing party within a party seeking to purge moderates. That concern is heightened by a boundary review, which will redraw the political map before the 2020 election and allow Mr Corbyn to purge recalcitrant MPs if he is still in office.

The question, crudely put, is whether Mr Corbyn’s many Labour critics at Westminster can oust him before he can consolidate his grip on the party. “If there are bad elections next May, he may be forced out by the autumn,” said one former shadow minister. Others are not so sure.

For now a gallows humour has fallen over the Parliamentary Labour party, following the excruciating U-turn conducted over fiscal policy by shadow chancellor John McDonnell, Mr Corbyn’s closest political friend.

“Embarrassing, embarrassing, embarrassing, embarrassing, embarrassing,” was how Mr McDonnell put it in the Commons on Wednesday. George Osborne was rebuked by the Daily Mail for appearing to be enjoying himself too much, as the Labour leadership walked into his well-signalled trap.

it does rather remind you of rats attacking a wounded fox. how many of the rats will corbyn despatch before they finally destroy him.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/0816611e-73f8-11e5-bdb1-e6e4767162cc.html#axzz3opLMDqo3

Jeremy Corbyn has been trying to find a way to spend at least three days a week away from Westminster: with Labour MPs using words such as “inept”, “incompetent” and “shambles” to describe his stewardship of the party, it may be a risky strategy.

After another dire week — in which 21 Labour MPs defied Mr Corbyn and abstained in the vote on George Osborne’s fiscal charter — the veteran leftwinger is in a race against time. He wants to use the newly created Momentum movement to mobilise the 250,000 grassroots supporters who propelled him to the Labour leadership.

The danger he faces is at Westminster, where fewer than 20 Labour MPs backed him for the leadership. Some Labour MPs fear Momentum may come to resemble Militant in the 1980s: a leftwing party within a party seeking to purge moderates. That concern is heightened by a boundary review, which will redraw the political map before the 2020 election and allow Mr Corbyn to purge recalcitrant MPs if he is still in office.

The question, crudely put, is whether Mr Corbyn’s many Labour critics at Westminster can oust him before he can consolidate his grip on the party. “If there are bad elections next May, he may be forced out by the autumn,” said one former shadow minister. Others are not so sure.

For now a gallows humour has fallen over the Parliamentary Labour party, following the excruciating U-turn conducted over fiscal policy by shadow chancellor John McDonnell, Mr Corbyn’s closest political friend.

“Embarrassing, embarrassing, embarrassing, embarrassing, embarrassing,” was how Mr McDonnell put it in the Commons on Wednesday. George Osborne was rebuked by the Daily Mail for appearing to be enjoying himself too much, as the Labour leadership walked into his well-signalled trap.

All very nice but I don't support Labour.

Or "puerile trap" as McDonnell put it - before drawing attention to the government's U-turn on Saudi prisons deal, after (entirely coincidentally no doubt) Corbyn brought it up at conference.

Stop trolling my posts with unrelated responses then.

i'm not sure what your problem is. you say you don't support labour. neither do i. i'm agreeing with you.

---------- Post added 17-10-2015 at 16:11 ----------

Or "puerile trap" as McDonnell put it - before drawing attention to the government's U-turn on Saudi prisons deal, after (entirely coincidentally no doubt) Corbyn brought it up at conference.

that must be why labour mps say their party now has no economic credibility left.

Edited by drummonds