The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

actually posting at vodka o'clock like you did is monumentally stupid. particularly as you mucked up folk's posts and included diametrically opposite views. that indicates that it is you who is the absolute moron, and monumentally stupid to boot.

I wasn't drunk at all, I just keep odd hours due to my work, and you're a fool who apparently couldn't even understand my post at 10 in the morning!

I deliberately included Halibut's post in order to make the following ones' make sense. It would hardly make sense to quote people going 'yes it is' and 'of course it is' if I didn't show the person saying 'no it isn't' first.

I was very deliberate in all the posts I chose to quote, to make certain that I highlighted the fact that you and penistone are both complete idiots who expressed total agreement with an incredibly stupid post by Happ Hazzard.

Just to be clear, he said that the root cause of

high house prices

zero hour contracts

agency jobs

pitiful wages

no job security

impossibly high house prices... was mass immigration

You and penistone wholehearted agreed. That was very stupid of you.

I wasn't drunk at all, I just keep odd hours due to my work, and you're a fool who apparently couldn't even understand my post at 10 in the morning!

I deliberately included Halibut's post in order to make the following ones' make sense. It would hardly make sense to quote people going 'yes it is' and 'of course it is' if I didn't show the person saying 'no it isn't' first.

I was very deliberate in all the posts I chose to quote, to make certain that I highlighted the fact that you and penistone are both complete idiots who expressed total agreement with an incredibly stupid post by Happ Hazzard.

Just to be clear, he said that the root cause of

high house prices

zero hour contracts

agency jobs

pitiful wages

no job security

impossibly high house prices... was mass immigration

You and penistone wholehearted agreed. That was very stupid of you.

go on have another go. you'll convince yourself in a while. then you can set about convincing others.

This is all true, but the Tories have an Achilles heel as well. Which is the world of zero hour contracts, agency jobs, pitiful wages, no job security and impossibly high house prices.

Corbyn can tap into that, I should think.

Unfortunately not enough people care about this,housing crisis aside, for it to alter an election. It may appeal to traditional Labour voters but it wont bring the defectors back.

Unfortunately not enough people care about this,housing crisis aside, for it to alter an election. It may appeal to traditional Labour voters but it wont bring the defectors back.

The speed it is progressing is quite scary really. 5 or 6 years ago there were stories about people not getting on the housing ladder until 40. Now the stories are about increasing numbers of workers in their mid 40s moving into house shares.

House prices are still high. Numbers of new house build are still low. Homelessness is on the rise.

I think all the main parties care about it now because its going to cost them votes

The speed it is progressing is quite scary really. 5 or 6 years ago there were stories about people not getting on the housing ladder until 40. Now the stories are about increasing numbers of workers in their mid 40s moving into house shares.

House prices are still high. Numbers of new house build are still low. Homelessness is on the rise.

I think all the main parties care about it now because its going to cost them votes

I dont think its serious enough. Its more of a SE problem and they will not vote Labour, especially the current offering. I'd go as far to say they are unelectable.

If people arent on the property ladder they still wnat to own or become btl landlords. Btl is what I would have tackled.

I dont think its serious enough. Its more of a SE problem and they will not vote Labour, especially the current offering. I'd go as far to say they are unelectable.

If people arent on the property ladder they still wnat to own or become btl landlords. Btl is what I would have tackled.

Totally agree with tackling BTL.

100%

Sadiq Khan made a bit of a fool of himself on Have I Got News for You on Friday!

I thought Sadiq Khan came through pretty well. The program however did make Tom Watson look like the world's prize burk. It seems Ian Hislop regards the man with total and utter contempt.

• 1 month later...