The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Well the Media will always spin things against a left Labour leader. In the main they're owned by billionnaires who won't be too impressed by things Corbyn is saying against company tax avoidance.

Actually the Labour percentage vote in Oldham was higher by 7.3% than the General Election and the Tory got 9% of the vote.

I've been struck by how anti-Corbyn the alleged left leaning bias of organisations like the BBC , the Independant and Observer newspapers has been

The Toby Foster discussion about the current Labour Party this morning was a crude parody of balance and fairness even sinking to the depths of mocking Corbyn's appearance. Foster is OK interviewing white van man but was taken to the cleaners by a Politics lecture from Hallam University and was reduced to laughing nervously before ending the interview

---------- Post added 06-01-2016 at 19:51 ----------

Actually I wasn't comparing him to Cyrill Smith but when you adopt a moral stance on something you ought to be make sure you've no skeletons in the cupboard. If you're suggesting that Danczuk was "set up" by a 17 year old girl then it doesn't say much for his judgement. You seem to ignore the fact that she went to him for employment and he came onto her sexually. Might not be a criminal offence but a bit unseemly at the least. Danczuk was asked on Radio 5 yesterday about his interest in much younger women as a 49 year old man and his reply was " I don't see myself as 49 year old I have a much younger outlook on life " mmm Yes Simon

You keep believing it old son. Even if over five thousand fewer actual people voted Labour in Oldham just keep telling yourself that it's the percentage margin that counts in a safe seat. That sort of insular thinking will keep Labour out for a couple of decades.

Meanwhile, in your best Geordie accent, Daaayyy thuree, and the Shadow Cabinet has started reshuffling itself without Jeremy's help.

Three shadow ministers resign over Corbyn's 'dishonest' reshuffle

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jan/06/shadow-rail-minister-jonathan-reynolds-resigns-labour-reshuffleI]

---------- Post added 06-01-2016 at 20:23 ----------

It was only a matter of time before Danczuk went down. He became a target as soon as he got involved with the outing of the Westminster paedophile ring.

They made him sext a teenager against his will? :huh:

Edited by Eric Arthur

Corbyn is a parody of a far left loon. The sooner he's gone the better for our democracy.

I disagree with Corbyn on a number of issues, however democracy is better served by having political parties with 'clear blue water' between them. Much better than when Labour, Liberals, Conservatives agree with one another.

The media hate Corbyn, of course. But that's more of a reason for him to stay than to leave his job.

I disagree with Corbyn on a number of issues, however democracy is better served by having political parties with 'clear blue water' between them. Much better than when Labour, Liberals, Conservatives agree with one another.

The media hate Corbyn, of course. But that's more of a reason for him to stay than to leave his job.

Surely consensus politics is better, when everyone agrees on the RIGHT things?

Or do you think that democracy is better served by the presence of the BNP?

Lunatics with 'clear blue water' nobody will vote for is the preserve of the green party. The labour party needs to be electable to act as an opposition, under this guy it is not.

Surely consensus politics is better, when everyone agrees on the RIGHT things?

Or do you think that democracy is better served by the presence of the BNP?

No, not at all. I profoundly disagree with Mrs Thatcher's policies but she certainly didn't believe that 'consensus politics is better, when everyone agrees on the RIGHT things?'

I don't like the BNP, but I wouldn't want to see them becoming an illegal organisation.

Lunatics with 'clear blue water' nobody will vote for is the preserve of the green party. The labour party needs to be electable to act as an opposition, under this guy it is not.

Okay so how do the Labour Party become electable?

---------- Post added 06-01-2016 at 21:18 ----------

Every single one of them for 13 years?

I don't understand what you are saying. Mrs Thatcher became Conservative Party leader in 75, and was elected in 79, and booted out in 90.

If your saying did I disagree with everything she did, no I didn't.

Edited by Mister M