The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Yeah let's put more people out of work, who's a clever boy then :huh:

thanks for the put down Michael, dont feel aggrieved when it comes back at you..

Companies will evolve, if they dont evolve then they will be replaced, thats life

---------- Post added 03-12-2017 at 21:28 ----------

Not quite right. I will correct it for you.

'if they are in business and cant make a decent profit they dont have a viable business, let them go to the wall and be replaced by a business that can in China.'

So well done you with your GSCE in politics.

but what about freds cafe down the road, will that go to china as well?

How does paying very low wages help the economy?

The state has to subsidise these low paid workers, effectively 'topping up' their wages to a minimum income level, through tax credits and other benefits.

Low wages only really benefit the miserly employers that pay them.

Tax credits are generally for people working part time and are a sweetener to get people to take those low paid jobs and arguably help the economy, you can look at things that way too.

thanks for the put down Michael, dont feel aggrieved when it comes back at you..

Companies will evolve, if they dont evolve then they will be replaced, thats life

It will be replaced by a Tapas bar or a well known coffee shop for all the left wing luvvies :)

I won't feel aggrieved banjodeano, but your making ridiculous claims that would put people out of work, it's not that simple and you know it !

Freds probably not paying himself NMW either.

Who can buy a house, or even a new car on £7.50 per hour?

Probably nobody, so perhaps they should set their sights a little lower and not consider buying a house or a new car (what's wrong with second hand) until they're in a financial position to do so.

There are nice things in life that I'd like. But I don't whinge that I should get paid more, I either find a second job or look for a better paying one.

Tax credits are generally for people working part time and are a sweetener to get people to take those low paid jobs and arguably help the economy, you can look at things that way too.

no they are not, i was claiming and receiving working tax credits because i was on low pay, most of my factory was.

as for your second point, utter <removed> MOST jobs these days are either temporary, part time or low paid, and i know, im back unemployed and looking out there for them.

Edited by nikki-red

no they are not, i was claiming and receiving working tax credits because i was on low pay, most of my factory was.

as for your second point, utter <removed> MOST jobs these days are either temporary, part time or low paid, and i know, im back unemployed and looking out there for them.

Hmm,

Most jobs are full time jobs, and most people who got jobs in the last 12 months got full time jobs.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/employmentandemployeetypes/bulletins/uklabourmarket/november2017

Edited by nikki-red