The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

no they are not, i was claiming and receiving working tax credits because i was on low pay, most of my factory was.

as for your second point, utter <removed> MOST jobs these days are either temporary, part time or low paid, and i know, im back unemployed and looking out there for them.

You and 'your factory' still don't account for the majority sunshine and the fact that the jobs your seeking are either temporary, part time or low paid does not mean that is representative of the job market generally, you are clearly not trained or skilled in anything that is in demand .... try coming out from behind your keyboard mel there is a world out there :roll:

Edited by nikki-red

Back to the subject

What is the acid test that shows the difference between Momentum and those less left wing?

Serious question.

I've had long conversations with Momentum supporters who can accept that the EU is anti-working class and designed to benefit the Bosses the most.

No Blairite would ever accept that the EU is anything but wonderful for everyone.

Momentum people have a more open mind.

Hmm,

Most jobs are full time jobs, and most people who got jobs in the last 12 months got full time jobs.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/employmentandemployeetypes/bulletins/uklabourmarket/november2017

Well a government website would say that wouldn't it.

Independent sources paint a different picture.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/may/21/temporary-and-part-time-jobs-surge-promotes-inequality-says-oecd

Melthebell is currently at the sticky end and doesn't need or deserve your comments. He's not the person being 'vile' here.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/may/21/temporary-and-part-time-jobs-surge-promotes-inequality-says-oecd

Melthebell is currently at the sticky end and doesn't need or deserve your comments. He's not the person being 'vile' here.

The Office for National Statistics is an Independent Source.

---------- Post added 04-12-2017 at 14:21 ----------

The comments have now been removed so I won't repeat them. If you agree with that sort of language and response then to a completely innocuous post then that's up to you, but it doesn't make it acceptable.

Corbyn would bankrupt the country if he implemented only half of what he promised at the election.

This is interesting. Labour councils urged to squirrel away money:

Camden Council in London has been advised by fund manager London CIV that squirreling cash away overseas would shield the authority against ‘political risks’.

The council’s paid advisors are warning that any Corbyn government could mean a ‘sharp repricing of assets due to concerns over re-nationalisation.

More Labour Councils advised to follow Sefton offshore because of risk to pensions if Corbyn wins an election

https://www.otsnews.co.uk/labour-councils-advised-follow-sefton-offshore-risk-pensions-corbyn-wins-election/

They're saying to invest pension fund money in overseas property to protect themselves.

I guess the best way to get a public sector bods attention is to tell them their gold-plated pension is at risk.

All pensions, in fact, inc. those of the less-well paid. Why should any of them suffer loss of pension rights?

I've had long conversations with Momentum supporters who can accept that the EU is anti-working class and designed to benefit the Bosses the most.

No Blairite would ever accept that the EU is anything but wonderful for everyone.

Momentum people have a more open mind.

Nothing wrong with the first point

I'm not sure 'Blairite' is a thing in the Labour party any more.

You're putting words in their mouths. (Strawman warning)

I'm not convinced that Momentum have a more open mind

The EU is a rich mans (nations) club and may benifit the whole nation to a greater or lesser extent, including the working classes. When the Conservatives don't even throw a few crumbs from the table for the plebs the eternal con is exposed. Their arrogance causes this from time to time.

Following the recent remarks re: off shore investments by (Labour) councils.

It may be a good thing in any event now that the DUP have pulled the rug out from beneath the talks. Watch the pound start to sink again now the 'talking up' of the negoiations have been shown to be baseless.