The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

But surely as the leader of the party ,if he deplores it, he has the power to crack down on it

Other than condemming it, as he has already done, what do you expect him to do? He has no control over members of the public. The internet is full of nasty trolls of every persuasion.

It is only the press who is making out they are all rabid 'Momentum' members. That's the point

There was a lady on 'Look North,' a Labour supporter, who had apparently appeared on 'Question Time' and is now being trolled on line by people who don't agree with her. Is Theresa May responsible? What would you expect TM to do about it? The only difference is that TM doesn't have a hostile Media on her back trying to stir up trouble.

Other than condemming it, as he has already done, what do you expect him to do? He has no control over members of the public. The internet is full of nasty trolls of every persuasion.

It is only the press who is making out they are all rabid 'Momentum' members. That's the point

There was a lady on 'Look North,' a Labour supporter, who had apparently appeared on 'Question Time' and is now being trolled on line by people who don't agree with her. Is Theresa May responsible? What would you expect TM to do about it? The only difference is that TM doesn't have a hostile Media on her back trying to stir up trouble.

"Hostile media " seriously . the media are constantly sniping about TM and the brexit negotiations . But that dosent count does it?

which QT was that?

Jeremy Corbyn has said publicly that he utterly deplores this sort of behaviour.

In no way would he endorse it, encourage it or approve it.

I believe him, as do all right minded people.

End of discussion.

I would just like to add that smear by association is a well worn, but very effective, tactic used to incriminate the innocent.

Jeremy Corbyn has absolutely no control over Internet trolls who claim to support him. Nor is he responsible for their actions.

I have a suspicious nature and know that the dirty tricks departments of various political organisations have posted outrageous and offensive comments on social media while claiming to support a particular faction in order to damage their rivals.

which QT was that?

I believe it was the last one (from Barnsley.)

I didn't see it, but they played the relevant bit on 'Look North. 'The lady was in the audience, talking about food banks. She was fuller figured shall we say, and so the trolls were having a field day with the juxtaposition of her figure and

her food bank use. The lady was hurt and upset.

But as far as I could see, no one was blaming Theresa May....

---------- Post added 19-12-2017 at 00:44 ----------

I would just like to add that smear by association is a well worn, but very effective, tactic used to incriminate the innocent.

Jeremy Corbyn has absolutely no control over Internet trolls who claim to support him. Nor is he responsible for their actions.

I have a suspicious nature and know that the dirty tricks departments of various political organisations have posted outrageous and offensive comments on social media while claiming to support a particular faction in order to damage their rivals.

Exactly. Thankyou.

Edited by Anna B

I believe it was the last one (from Barnsley.)

I didn't see it, but they played the relevant bit on 'Look North. 'The lady was in the audience, talking about food banks. She was fuller figured shall we say, and so the trolls were having a field day with the juxtaposition of her figure and

her food bank use. The lady was hurt and upset.

But as far as I could see, no one was blaming Theresa May....

---------- Post added 19-12-2017 at 00:44 ----------

Exactly. Thankyou.

why would they?

"Hostile media " seriously . the media are constantly sniping about TM and the brexit negotiations . But that dosent count does it?[/quote

The right wing tabloids are attacking TM from a hard right perspective. I don’t think anyone could infer that a Tory PM gets the same treatment as a left Labour leader like Corbyn gets.

---------- Post added 19-12-2017 at 06:32 ----------

Up to now the right wing gutter press have, to use boxing parlance, been unable to lay a glove on Corbyn, so they have to do it by association. As Corbyn said in reference to the 16 page attack printed in the Daily Mail prior to the election, in which Labours share of the vote went from 28% under Miiliband to 40% “ I wish they’d print 32 pages, if it increases my share of the vote”

Edited by Ridgewalk
Added

I've wondered about this too. I'm sure that most people have heard of 'concern trolling,' and posting #JC4PM with some vile tweet hoping that an MPs wife loses her baby smells fishier by the minute to me. Many people from the opposition pretended to be Labour supporters to get Jeremy Corbyn elected as leader....

Tinfoil hats all round then!

Just look at yourselves. The evidence that Corbyns movement is full of toxicity is overwhelming but you still come out with excuse on top of excuse on top of whataboutism.

It's embarrassing seeing grown adults act and think like this.