The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

no...i was expecting you to answer my questions like you expect me to answer yours

and i said...............he is not though is he, has he said he is in favour of it?

So where have his principles gone, he has always been against it.

we are not going to get the answer are we?

one last throw of the dice though.......

has he said he is in favour of it?

ok, i'm off to bed

see ya

It is Labour party policy, don't you get that what is hard to understand? Or are you saying a party leader disagrees with his party? Lol you're still online answer it.

Edited by phil752

We all know that Corbyn is in favour of unilateral nuclear disarmament. Let's just put that in the bag and take is as a known fact.

Labour Party policy is to renew Trident - missiles, subs, and all they require. That is another known fact.

Labour supports the renewal of the Trident nuclear deterrent. As a nuclear-armed power, our country has a responsibility to fulfil our obligations under the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. Labour will lead multilateral efforts with international partners and the UN to create a nuclear-free world

This is where we get to Jezza doublespeak, because the entire Labour Party including Corbyn know that unilateral nuclear disarmament is a straight up election loser and any party that puts it in their manifesto isn't getting into government in the UK. So what Corbyn does it to hold his personal position (how can he not as former chair of CND) while acquiescing to the wider wishes of the party, citing democracy or summink. There is no way that a recognisably representative Commons or Lords will ever pass unilateral disarmament legislation.

What people need to watch is that Corbyn and McDonnell use Momentum entryism to change the make up of Parliement to suit their minority agenda to go against the will of the UK people. Personally I can't see them winning an election, but they said that in Venezuela too.

Jonny5 seems to have gone away after all, in response to your polite request for more information.

Maybe he's having a think. Let's hope he's doing some research before getting back to us.

Reading comprehension not your strong suit. I clearly said that I'm not wasting time writing up a riposte toexplain to people that refuse to have anything explained to them.

Something which you btw have an exemplary and longstanding record for doing.

Edited by Jonny5

"When the facts change, I change my mind."

This is a mis quote but the idea is clear. https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Talk:John_Maynard_Keynes

Like when :-

Corbyn became the leader of her majesties Opposition.

Changes during the 41 year gap between the European referendums changed the British electorates opinion.

Changes during the 18 month+ gap between the 2016 referendum and now. ;0)

How about we talk about the policies for a change all this media and personality stuff is so boring, no it isn't, yes it is, no it isn't, yes it . . . . . . .

It is Labour party policy, don't you get that what is hard to understand? Or are you saying a party leader disagrees with his party? Lol you're still online answer it.

and here you go again, demanding i answer your questions, but refusing to answer mine...

you stated "so why is he in favour of Trident"? and i asked the question..."has he said he is in favour of it"? and for post after post you dodged and squirmed the question,

and now you sort of admit that you know Corbyn is not a supporter or Trident and doesnt want it...Hallelujah, we got there in the end, so why did you make such a stupid statement saying "Corbyn was in favour of trident"

So now we have cleared that up, lets go back to your original point, you was responding on behalf of Jonny5 who stated "I share all of those beliefs and I'm 100% sure that Momentum and probably even Corbyn doesn't." and when questioned he couldnt back up his statement with facts, so now you have jumped in saying Corbyn is not a man of principles because his party are keeping Trident..

Well, as you know, of course he is a man of principles, and you know that, you can try to score points, and may even win some points, but deep down you know he is a man of principles. but now he is the leader of the opposition, and with his own party in turmoil and changing from a centrist stand to a left slant, he has to play a very delicate balancing act to keep the party together, and as the leader of the party which is in turmoil, then it has to be expected that he has to make some concessions to keep the party together, he has to stick to some points and let a few others go in the name of party unity, besides, if he didnt do this, he would be labelled a dictator by the right wing media, and to be honest i think he is doing a great job, there are not many people who could have taken the party back to the left without the party self destructing, so back to your last point, you asked if he disagrees with his party, then i think yes he does on that point, that point is accepted by most people who have a basic understanding of politics.

is he still a man of principle? yes of course he is.

has Jonny5 got back to us with an answer, no he hasnt

What part of me saying that I know I won't convince you or any of Jezzas devoted followers do you not understand?

But put it this way, anyone who turns a blind eye to the abuse that Angela Eagles suffered or turns a blind eye to entry-ism does not believe in democracy and is not a man of principle.

Like I say though, nothing will convince you.

I'll continue to snipe at Jeremy though so deal with it :D