The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Except Labour aren't far left, they aren't proposing communism, they are center-left at most. Its the far-right government that makes them appear far left in comparison.

Or perhaps they joined to vote Corbyn but couldn't really AFFORD to remain a member?

£3 is a lot if you are having to go to food banks to survive.

So why is there such a split in the party between the old Blair Left and the Corbyn Left? Why are there so many ex Labour voters who won't vote for Corbyn? Just Google "why I won't vote for labour" or "why I won't vote for corbyn".

And I find it very hard to believe that anyone struggling to survive would spent £3 just to vote in Corbyn, who was an unknown outsider at the time. Perhaps you have more information to back up your claim?

So why is there such a split in the party between the old Blair Left and the Corbyn Left? Why are there so many ex Labour voters who won't vote for Corbyn? Just Google "why I won't vote for labour" or "why I won't vote for corbyn".

And I find it very hard to believe that anyone struggling to survive would spent £3 just to vote in Corbyn, who was an unknown outsider at the time. Perhaps you have more information to back up your claim?

The Tory party is just as split, if not more so. There are cabinet members openly at war with each other and with the PM.

Labour have no need to present a united front. We are years from an election, Brexit will change everything anyway. So it is fine for Labour to be split at the moment, as long as they continue to oppose the Government.

It isn’t fine for the Tories to be split at such a pivotal moment in our history. They got us into this Brexit mess to try to sort out their own internal divisions. It is time that they stopped fighting themselves and started to act in the national interest. Then and only then can Tories criticise Labour for being split.

Edited by Rhyno

isnt antisemitism one of the main topics about labour? youve been banging on about it and corbyn for days :roll:

yup, hes been called out and he still cant back it up...

any news about that Job Mell?

---------- Post added 23-05-2018 at 12:10 ----------

do you think Blair was left? seriously?

do you think Blair was left? seriously?

Not as left as Corbyn, but was still Labour which is a left wing party.

And, as I posted pages ago, it was this lurch that made Labour electable and repeatedly electable.

Granted the war and financial crash took their toll on the party, but over the period from when John Smith died to 2010 they amassed a huge level of support.

Now Corbyn and his followers want to just dismiss it.

---------- Post added 23-05-2018 at 12:44 ----------

The Tory party is just as split, if not more so.

I certainly wouldn't say more so. The Tory split went to UKIP.

Not as left as Corbyn, but was still Labour which is a left wing party.

And, as I posted pages ago, it was this lurch that made Labour electable and repeatedly electable.

Granted the war and financial crash took their toll on the party, but over the period from when John Smith died to 2010 they amassed a huge level of support.

Now Corbyn and his followers want to just dismiss it.

---------- Post added 23-05-2018 at 12:44 ----------

I certainly wouldn't say more so. The Tory split went to UKIP.

He was mates with Rupert Murdoch..??..thats all you need to know, he was a Tory lite dressed up under a Labour flag, to say he was left takes a great deal of imagination, more of a centrist, but it worked for him..

we shall have to disagree on this one