The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Corbyns a leaver I believe

He never stood firmly in one particular camp.

Albert is right really, it's such an important issue you can't just flip-flop around, especially when you're the party leader.

Labour seemed happy to just sit around and let Brexit be a Tory thing, I don't understand it myself.

The most important political process in a generation and one of the largest political parties is just going to sit around and do jeff-all ???

Where can I find confirmation of that? Because surely if that's the case labour would have gone in hard with a remain ticket at the last election?

Any of the reputable polling organisations will confirm it. The figures are something like 67% Remain 34% Leave for Labour voters. Don't quote me on that but if it's not, it's only a couple of % either side of that.

Labour didn't go in hard on the remain ticket at the last election because of a mixture of political cowardice (which applies to the Tories as well) and the personal politics of Corbyn and McDonnell who are both lifelong Eurosceptics.