The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

So you’re in favour of gender discrimination? Instead of getting the most qualified person for the job? You should be advocating a level playing field and nothing else.

There is no such thing as the 'most qualified' person. There are a number of people with a number of skills all of whom would do a perfectly good job.

So you’re in favour of gender discrimination? Instead of getting the most qualified person for the job? You should be advocating a level playing field and nothing else.

I think the poster is just stating the views of Harriet Harman rather than his own views. I do agree with your view.

Corbyn has just done a very good interview with Andrew Marr on the BBC, speaking well on his leadership, outlining Labour's priorities and nailing the anti semitism attacks on him this summer but .........

he couldn't answer any of the questions on Brexit that Marr asked him and just sounded like Teresa Mayhem insisting that Labour could come up with solutions which everyone knows are impossible to achieve.

Next leader should be between only female candidates, Harriet Harman has saying this for awhile.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43504100

Diane Abbott? Although I firmly believe she should be Chancellor of the Exchequer with her firm grasp on numbers, at least between 1 and 10, then its shoes and socks off time.

I think the poster is just stating the views of Harriet Harman rather than his own views. I do agree with your view.

That's is right, I should probably have made it clearer.

It's like saying the Torys have now have an obligation after having a woman PM twice, that it needs to be an ethnic Leader, if so Adam Afriyie would be a good enough candidate as any.

As for Labour the traditional working man party, probably could do with a gender change.

---------- Post added 23-09-2018 at 14:04 ----------

I want a 1 legged black male lesbian as leader

That would tick the boxes:hihi:

The Labour leadership has confirmed that they will back a second vote if the membership want one at the conference.

He also said:

"Let's see what comes out of conference. Obviously I'm bound by the democracy of our party."

In doing so he seems like he will ignore the democratic decision of the country in favour of his party.

if you don't get the right answer lets vote till we do. Worked in Ireland, did it not?

No, it didn't.. I'm afraid you've been played :roll:

The terms Ireland voted on changed to accomodate their views and remove the original objection, as such the Irish were happy to accept the new terms in the next vote.

Democracy in action!

He also said:

"Let's see what comes out of conference. Obviously I'm bound by the democracy of our party."

In doing so he seems like he will ignore the democratic decision of the country in favour of his party.

In terms of pure democracy 86% of his party in 2018, trumps 39% of the electorate in 2016.

The terms Ireland voted on changed to accomodate their views and remove the original objection, as such the Irish were happy to accept the new terms in the next vote.

Democracy in action!

By a sizeable margin, I believe (almost 70%!)