The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

I don't think violence is something in which there should be discrimination!

---------- Post added 25-09-2018 at 11:55 ----------

If you went to the NHS and before treatment, they asked who the offender was, and gave different treatment depending on who carried out the violence.

The policy is just plain stupid.

So you think that we should have one sentence for all forms of violence from ABH to murder? Clearly not, we have a gradation of how we treat the consequences of violence. It's therefore reasonable to consider that domestic violence especially that whihc may end up with someone having to vacate the home immediatly and giving them a bit of support whilst the unexpectedly move house and lose access to say all their worldly gooods, car, bank accounts, children might need a different support from you being punched once in the gob for having a different opinion from mr Arsey in the pub...

Labour getting itself into a mess with their Brexit stance again.

Gemma Bolton, a delegate, is speaking now. She says Labour must respect the result of the referendum. A second referendum would be divisive, she says. She urges delegates to back the motion because it does not tie the hands of the leadership.

15 minutes later:

Kier Starmer opens Labour's Brexit debate and says 'nobody is ruling out remain'

and two minutes after that:

General Secretary, Brendan Chilton of Labour Leave has described Keir Starmer’s speech this morning as a challenge to Jeremy Corbyn’s leadership and a betrayal of millions of Labour voters.

It's therefore reasonable to consider that domestic violence especially that whihc may end up with someone having to vacate the home immediatly and giving them a bit of support whilst the unexpectedly move house and lose access to say all their worldly gooods, car, bank accounts, children might need a different support from you being punched once in the gob for having a different opinion from mr Arsey in the pub...

It's not the role of the employer to give different leave based on what type of violence someone has suffered.

Meet the new boss (Lab), same as the old boss (Cons).

:hihi:

The difference being that Labour aren’t the boss. They also didn’t cause any of this.

My money is on a second referendum with three options, including remain. Nothing else will get through the commons.

The difference being that Labour aren’t the boss. They also didn’t cause any of this.

My money is on a second referendum with three options, including remain. Nothing else will get through the commons.

TBH I've not seen/heard them giving much opposition to it..

It has already been made clear that Parliament will get a vote to either accept any Brexit agreement made with the EU or reject any Brexit agreement. If Parliament rejects the Brexit agreement then the UK leave the EU without a deal. The individual EU countries also need time to decide whether to accept or reject any agreement made between the EU and UK.

In any case, what happens in a referendum with three options and no choice receives an absolute majority?

Actually Anna, in your world it's the top 10% that put in and all the rest benefit but not enough so can we please have more money from the top 10% or else.

No it's not. Everybody but the poorest put in. I pay my tax like everybody else, and also all the other taxes like VAT, road tax, council tax, etc. and so I should.

I probably pay a higher proportion of my income in tax than some crafty CEO with a team of dodgy accountants at his disposal, helping him avoid it.

Edited by Anna B

It's not the role of the employer to give different leave based on what type of violence someone has suffered.

You can repeat that as much as you like and it's utterly worthless. I've given my reasons why I think they should, either give your reasons or stop debating.

---------- Post added 25-09-2018 at 13:26 ----------

No it's not. Everybody but the poorest put in. I pay my tax like everybody else, and also all the other taxes like VAT, road tax, council tax, etc. and so I should.

I probably pay a higher proportion of my income in tax than some crafty CEO with a team of dodgy accountants at his disposal, helping him avoid it.

No you don't. Unless you are in the top 10% of earnings you are a net withdrawer from the system. This is something you fail to understand and need to understand to realise why people will oppose these measures.