The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

I dont give a damn if he called her stupid woman - she is a stupid woman.  That really isn't the point.

They say a man should be judged not by his mistakes, but how he reacts to them.  Corbyn fails on this point every single time.   Why not just front up and apologise when the world knows what he said - they saw it with their own eyes.  Instead he tries to brazen it out.

He has done this time and time again.  Sharing a platform numerous times with anti-semites and hezbollah sympathisers, he says that 'he was there, but wasn't involved.'    'Liking' an antisemitic mural shown on Facebook, he says he didnt really look at it before liking it.

The man is a moral pygmy.

1 hour ago, bendix said:

I dont give a damn if he called her stupid woman - she is a stupid woman.  That really isn't the point.

They say a man should be judged not by his mistakes, but how he reacts to them.  Corbyn fails on this point every single time.   Why not just front up and apologise when the world knows what he said - they saw it with their own eyes.  Instead he tries to brazen it out.

He has done this time and time again.  Sharing a platform numerous times with anti-semites and hezbollah sympathisers, he says that 'he was there, but wasn't involved.'    'Liking' an antisemitic mural shown on Facebook, he says he didnt really look at it before liking it.

The man is a moral pygmy.

Moral Pygmy..??

Are you serious? the man has fought for the poor and underprivileged all his life, he has always been against racism and fought for equality all his life, he made a stand against apartheid when everyone turned a blind eye to it, 

and you say he is a moral Pygmy ..

2 hours ago, banjodeano said:

But that is comparable to someone setting off on a 10,000 mile journey and not checking the oil and water, and then when they break down asking for help, and then saying "what would Corbyn do"?

she has negotiated this shambolic deal, its all down to her, no one else, she has been the one to have been proved incompetent time and time again, its down to her and no one else that we are in this mess, she has agreed a deal that even her own MP's dont accept, why did she do that?

so to ask "what would Corbyn do"? is a little unfair, i believe he wouldnt have got us into this mess to start with, and i know there are a lot of Corbyn haters on here, but surely even those have to agree he would have negotiated a better deal than this..she negotiated a deal, agreed upon it, then went back cap in hand to change it..Pathetic

erm, but he hasnt done anything wrong?

looks clear as day to me that he said people, but hey, lets talk about that instead of the shambolic brexit deal, and people living on the streets at Christmas and surviving off food banks

Sorry, you're saying it's shambles (which by the way you're absolutely correct in saying) but saying corbyn would do better is optimistic at best. The oil and water thing isn't a good analogy, I think a better one is the UK is hurtling towards a wall with out any brakes (the EU being the wall if you hadn't twigged) I'm not sure it matters who is driving.

That said, I think it's in the countries interest - post brexit if necessary- to find out who asked for what. It could May asked for all the things corbyn or Johnson or whoever asked for and got told in no uncertain terms to shove it by the EU. But if we are going to move forward as a country i think we need to know.

When Kenneth Clarke called Theresa May 'a bloody difficult woman', she wore it like a badge of pride, and more significantly, right wingers hardly batted an eyelid. 

Must be something to do with the person  who alledgedly says something.

Edited by Mister M

3 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Sorry, you're saying it's shambles (which by the way you're absolutely correct in saying) but saying corbyn would do better is optimistic at best. The oil and water thing isn't a good analogy, I think a better one is the UK is hurtling towards a wall with out any brakes (the EU being the wall if you hadn't twigged) I'm not sure it matters who is driving.

That said, I think it's in the countries interest - post brexit if necessary- to find out who asked for what. It could May asked for all the things corbyn or Johnson or whoever asked for and got told in no uncertain terms to shove it by the EU. But if we are going to move forward as a country i think we need to know.

Come on Tinfoil, could he actually do any worse? seriously, could he have done any worse? could anyone have done any worse? May is absolutely useless, she says she is going to do something then completely changes her mind, and how many times has she done that?  she is a very poor decision maker, the biggest was her gamble to call an election, then she had to bribe the DUP to cling to power...

but as for this moment in time, heavens knows where we are going to go with it..

2 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Come on Tinfoil, could he actually do any worse? seriously, could he have done any worse? could anyone have done any worse? May is absolutely useless, she says she is going to do something then completely changes her mind, and how many times has she done that?  she is a very poor decision maker, the biggest was her gamble to call an election, then she had to bribe the DUP to cling to power...

but as for this moment in time, heavens knows where we are going to go with it..

This is point, we don't know how it's gone, we don't really know what Jeremy would have even asked for. May is a very easy target, and for good reason, but corbyn can't just wade in and "I'd have got us a better deal" and expect us to buy it without us knowing the full facts.

Actually, apologies, of course he could - brexit was won on zero facts! Unicorn cakes for all!

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

This is point, we don't know how it's gone, we don't really know what Jeremy would have even asked for. May is a very easy target, and for good reason, but corbyn can't just wade in and "I'd have got us a better deal" and expect us to buy it without us knowing the full facts.

Actually, apologies, of course he could - brexit was won on zero facts! Unicorn cakes for all!

Didnt other parties ask to take part in the negotiations with May? i believe they did, i believe they offered to help....and she is like ...."Na, i'm in charge here, this is my baby"..lol

9 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Unless Corbyn has a time machine saying he could have done better if he’d been negotiating from the start is completely irrelevant. 

He is going to vote down the deal and then what? He can’t go back in time.. 

Guest makapaka
15 minutes ago, Mister M said:

When Kenneth Clarke called Theresa May 'a bloody difficult woman', she wore it like a badge of pride, and more significantly, right wingers hardly batted an eyelid. 

Must be something to do with the person  who alledgedly says something.

A bit like the caller on Radio Sheffield this morning who said she'd seen JC say "stupid woman" and he was therefore "a very rude man".

8 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Didnt other parties ask to take part in the negotiations with May? i believe they did, i believe they offered to help....and she is like ...."Na, i'm in charge here, this is my baby"..lol

That could have worked but given the Tories can't agree with each other (and Labour have similar albeit less deep divisiins) I think it would have just been more people round a bigger table shouting at each other!