The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

6 hours ago, lottiecass said:

Banjo, with the best will in the world not many could stop themselves from taking the micky. She isn't the brightest but still spouts her stuff in public thereby providing the ammunition. What a great home sec she would make.NOT.

I think you are missing the point Lottie, and the point is .. if she is asked to appear on Question Time, then she should expect the same respect as every other guest,  why was she ridiculed before the show started? why was Fiona Bruce complicit in the bullying of her?,  Fiona Bruce and the other lady were like a tag team attacking her, Fiona Bruce should have been impartial, and she clearly wasn't. it wasnt taking the micky, it was trying to make her look stupid.

And also to assume that "oh its only Diana Abbott" so the abuse is justified is completely wrong, Abbott is not my favourite politician, she very rarely comes across very well, but to describe her as not the brightest is very unfair, but it sounds like you have bought into all the media hate against her, every little mistake she makes is picked upon and grossly exaggerated and ridiculed, i have seen Tory politicians make far worse gaffs and the media have hardly batted an eye, there was one Tory MP who got his numbers wrong, but it wasn't laughed at and ridiculed  by the media on a daily basis..

Whether you like her or not, it cant be denied that she wasn't treated as an equal by the BBC

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I think you are confusing public opinion in 2019 with the result of the referendum in 2016. 😂

Oh I'm sorry, I must've missed the public opinion poll where 34 million voters anonymously cast a vote this year?

If you mean the smaller sample opinion polls that sometimes put remain slightly ahead, so what? They did before the referendum too. Must be something about the prospect of some pollster sneering "wacist" down the phone when the respondent says leave that puts people off. Rather like shy Tory syndrome.

1 hour ago, banjodeano said:

I think you are missing the point Lottie, and the point is .. if she is asked to appear on Question Time, then she should expect the same respect as every other guest,  why was she ridiculed before the show started? why was Fiona Bruce complicit in the bullying of her?,  Fiona Bruce and the other lady were like a tag team attacking her, Fiona Bruce should have been impartial, and she clearly wasn't. it wasnt taking the micky, it was trying to make her look stupid.

And also to assume that "oh its only Diana Abbott" so the abuse is justified is completely wrong, Abbott is not my favourite politician, she very rarely comes across very well, but to describe her as not the brightest is very unfair, but it sounds like you have bought into all the media hate against her, every little mistake she makes is picked upon and grossly exaggerated and ridiculed, i have seen Tory politicians make far worse gaffs and the media have hardly batted an eye, there was one Tory MP who got his numbers wrong, but it wasn't laughed at and ridiculed  by the media on a daily basis..

Whether you like her or not, it cant be denied that she wasn't treated as an equal by the BBC

I  am not a victim of buying into any media hate and do not hate DA but to be honest I cannot understand why she is allowed to be on these type of programmes.She is dumb enough to say that mao did more good for china than bad and hitler was worse, that was on Andrew Neils evening programme. How can you defend her views on anything? she opens her mouth and her foot goes straight in. 

Edited by lottiecass
addition

8 hours ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Instead of watching a video edited by a Labour supporter that cherry picks to back up their agenda, why not just watch the whole programme? I did and couldn't see Abbott was badly treated, just called out for spouting rubbish. Fiona Bruce does get a lot more involved than Dimbleby used to. 

I watched the whole show live and thought Diane Abbott (who is no favourite of mine,) was treated very badly . Subsequent investigations supported this view to the point where Fiona Bruce was forced to make a meally mouthed sort of apology this week, although if you blinked you would have missed it, it was so low key.

As for her 'not being very intelligent' she does have a slow talking voice and a rather unfortunate manner, however she did graduate from Cambridge University which suggests she must have some intelligence. 

5 hours ago, Robin-H said:

As for 'kinder, gentler, politics,' Jeremy Corbyn did try very hard initially to not join in with  the general aggression in the bear pit that is PM's questions, but he was soundly ridiculed for it by the Tories who lost no time in taking every advantage to use it against him.  

2 minutes ago, Anna B said:

As for 'kinder, gentler, politics,' Jeremy Corbyn did try very hard initially to not join in with  the general aggression in the bear pit that is PM's questions, but he was soundly ridiculed for it by the Tories who lost no time in taking every advantage to use it against him.  

Example? 

And that in no way justifies this anyway does it. I’m sure Jeremy abhors this treatment of Rachel (and others like her) as much as you and me, but it does illustrate the fact that the momentum crowd have been shown to be very nasty.