The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

5 hours ago, Mister M said:

Labour are to support Yvette Cooper's amendment. Hopefully the UK will get more breathing room to get a more sensible Brexit.

I wish Yvette Cooper was the Labour leader.

Hope she gets it very quickly, I have several mates who reside in her constituency. To a man they tell me she is toast at the next election, the depth of feeling against her is that high. Also social media is rife with posts about her. To sum up, you cannot just ignore your constituents who voted 70% to leave the corrupt EU, not in Cas anyway.

Angel1.

3 hours ago, phil752 said:

are indicating she is not fit to be in Parliament

25 minutes ago, Albert smith said:

She pinched our money not long ago.

19 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Hope she gets it very quickly, I have several mates who reside in her constituency. To a man they tell me she is toast at the next election, the depth of feeling against her is that high. Also social media is rife with posts about her. To sum up, you cannot just ignore your constituents who voted 70% to leave the corrupt EU, not in Cas anyway.

Angel1.

So campaign to get Tory and UKIP paragons of virtue elected in her constituency then.

That none of you bother going onto the Conservative Party and UKIP threads to support your parties is telling of your complete lack of confidence in your respective parties. 

All you've got left in you is 'hate labour'.  Proles to the core.

Shame that it's the Conservative Party in government making a complete and utter balls up of everything, then your energies could be put to good use. But you don't have anything positive or constructive in you. Which is exactly why both the Conservative / UKIP parties and you each deserve each other.

Edited by Mister M

17 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

Currently we have brexit flavoured MPs stating in the commons they don’t care what sort of brexit they get anymore, just get it done. It’s worth reminding your mates that there’s plenty of blame to go around. I don’t care much for cooper but she isn’t the problem here.

5 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Amazing, first sitting MP to be jailed in 28 years.

The last one was Terry Fields: A former hard-left Labour MP and who was expelled from Labour in 1991 during a purge of the Militant Tendency. He was jailed in July 1991 for refusing to pay his poll tax bill of £373.

I hope that you are not trying to claim an equivalence between someone being jailed for putting themself first and someone being jailed for putting the poorest people in their constituency first.

3 hours ago, Mister M said:

It's a shame because I remember her from the 1990s and she was one of the most formidable politicians in the HoC, she had a lightening quick mind, and her knowledge of her brief was huge.

I just wonder if the constant rape and death threats have wore her down and she is on some heavy dury medication that has slowed her cognitive speed.

I was going to post something very witty.

In reply to your  " from the 1990s she was one of the most formidable politicians in the HoC, she had a lightening quick mind, and her knowledge of her brief was huge."  Sorry to say, I do not remember her as a "most formidable politician".  Have you got her mixed up with someone else perhaps.

Angel1.

Just now, ANGELFIRE1 said:

In reply to your  " from the 1990s she was one of the most formidable politicians in the HoC, she had a lightening quick mind, and her knowledge of her brief was huge."  Sorry to say, I do not remember her as a "most formidable politician".  Have you got her mixed up with someone else perhaps.

Angel1.

No I hadn't got her mixed up with someone else.

7 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

Actually I'm glad that you didn't post something witty, the degradation of Dianne Abbott and the abuse she gets is appalling

Coopers amendment fails. Common sense has prevailed.

Angel1.

7 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Actually I'm glad that you didn't post something witty, the degradation of Dianne Abbott and the abuse she gets is appalling

That's because she is an appalling MP.

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1