The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

11 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I have no doubt whatever that these Parliamentarians will vote whichever way the wind blows. Will voting aye keep me in a cushy job, we will vote for that. Will voting no keep me in a cushy job, we will vote for that.

The bottom line is, they all pee in the same pot, there is not a razor blade thickness between them all. The expenses debacle proved that. 

Angel1.

This is obviously personal but not intended to be offensive .

Judging from your much repeated attacks on all and sundry , except for the sainted Nigel,  and your reluctance to answer policy questions.

Do you believe in personalities rather than policy, and ideals . 

3 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

nice how you dodged the question Angel...

i dont think they are all the same, thats why everyone is in a frenzy to keep Corbyn out

In name only

Oh no, I did not dodge the question. I just tried to say no matter what the discussion is about, take the NHS as an example, if privatising  it would benefit the MP they would vote for it. On the other hand if keeping it as the Government NHS would benefit the MP they would vote for that.

4 minutes ago, Flanker7 said:

This is obviously personal but not intended to be offensive .

Judging from your much repeated attacks on all and sundry , except for the sainted Nigel,  and your reluctance to answer policy questions.

Do you believe in personalities rather than policy, and ideals . 

Fire away, what policy question do you want me to answer.

As I attack all and sundry it's for a good reason. The debacle we are now in regarding Brexit is a good example. Some MP's are disregarding their constituents wishes, they deserve to be verbally attacked, in my opinion.

Angel1. 

1 hour ago, convert said:

How well is the Welsh NHS doing under a Labour administration?

That probably doesn't count either as its Welsh Labour!

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Oh no, I did not dodge the question. I just tried to say no matter what the discussion is about, take the NHS as an example, if privatising  it would benefit the MP they would vote for it. On the other hand if keeping it as the Government NHS would benefit the MP they would vote for that.

Spot on. 

Lets take the despied Universal Credit as another example. 

Labour backtracks on pledge to scrap universal credit which was 'dramatic language'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-universal-credit-benefit-system-scrap-rework-rename-john-mcdonnell-shami-chakrabarti-a8583241.html

Or the 2017 cuts:

Labour manifesto ‘would keep £7bn of planned Tory welfare cuts’

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/20/labour-manifesto-keep-planned-tory-benefit-cuts-resolution-foundation

Edited by alchresearch

12 minutes ago, convert said:

I thought we'd already agreed that most of the nuts left the Conservative party to join UKIP... I'm sure the squirrels followed...

😉

Oh there's still quite a few left in the Tory Party.

For example Mark Francois, of the ERG, proudly lets everyone know that he doesn't give a **** how many people lose their jobs at Airbus, because his dad is a D-Day veteran - so he can be a xenophobic *******.

https://www.indy100.com/article/mark-francois-brexit-bbc-interview-airbus-tom-enders-letter-germany-watch-video-8747791

4 hours ago, banjodeano said:

nice how you dodged the question Angel...

i dont think they are all the same, thats why everyone is in a frenzy to keep Corbyn out

In name only

Corbyn goes against the grain a little too much, more than I think the country is ready for.

If however he was to get in, I believe there would be a military coup in this country.

Edited by Hots on

7 minutes ago, Hots on said:

Corbyn goes against the grain a little too much, more than I think the country is ready for.

If however he was to get in, I believe there would be a military coup in this country.

It's interesting that many of Corbyn's policies such as raising the top rate of tax and nationalization of railways were regarded as centre ground politics in the postwar era - the so called 'Butskellite' consensus. 

I think the fear has been ramped up to a point where anything that isn't Thatcherite, privatising, and deregualting is abnormal and dangerous. 

6 minutes ago, Mister M said:

It's interesting that many of Corbyn's policies such as raising the top rate of tax and nationalization of railways were regarded as centre ground politics in the postwar era - the so called 'Butskellite' consensus. 

I think the fear has been ramped up to a point where anything that isn't Thatcherite, privatising, and deregualting is abnormal and dangerous. 

Because most people learn from their mistakes.