The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

On 22/02/2019 at 20:54, WiseOwl182 said:

Rubbish. Average living standards are far better today. You also missed out endless strikes and 3 day weeks. Rampant inflation. Higher  unemployment. Oh, and being the "basket case" economy of Europe. Luckily the Tories came in to clean up the mess (just like in 2010).

The 'high employment' of today is tens of thousands on minimum wage, still having to claim benefits, on 10 hours a week, or 5 hours, or 30 or none at all.

'Great jobs' for unfortunate victims and greedy employers.

21 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

I don't think I'm being clever by stating this no.  I don't know why you think you can presume what I am thinking? I am stating the obvious, I'm not stating anything clever. 

The debt has increased more than originally predicted because it has taken longer to get the deficit down than predicted. I don't think anyone has argued different have they? The point is that that deficit has been reduced, which means that the debt, whilst still growing, has grown much less than it would have grown if the deficit wasn't tackled. 

I know how much is spent on national debt interest thank you. I know that those figures would be much higher if the deficit was still running at the levels it was in 2009. I also know how much is spent on the EU, though I am not sure why that is relevant? Maybe you think I voted leave and want to get a little dig in, unfortunately I voted remain so that doesn't really work.. 

The Tories failed to hit every target they set themselves for many years. That is a fact. Our national debt ballooned as a consequence. It’s costing me almost a grand a year. 

Deficit reduction has come at huge expense to our society and our economy.

3 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

The 'high employment' of today is tens of thousands on minimum wage, still having to claim benefits, on 10 hours a week, or 5 hours, or 30 or none at all.

Indeed. Most benefits claimants are actually in work.

11 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

The majority of jobs created have been full time, higher skilled roles. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/employment-rate-at-new-record-high

8 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

The Tories failed to hit every target they set themselves for many years. That is a fact. Our national debt ballooned as a consequence. It’s costing me almost a grand a year. 

Deficit reduction has come at huge expense to our society and our economy.

Indeed. Most benefits claimants are actually in work.

The debt didn't 'balloon' because of the missed targets. The debt ballooned because of the high annual deficit. The debt increased by more than the Tories predicted when they hoped to tackle the deficit sooner, but the debt would be much much higher if the deficit hadn't been tackled at all. Your annual payments to service the debt would be much higher too. But I think you know that. 

Edited by Robin-H

32 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

I rarely believe Government figures .... especially Tory Government figures.

'We've got more nurses than we've ever had'

'We've put more money in to the NHS than it's ever had' In truth, they're starving it to death and feeding Glaxo Smith Kline with Diamonds on the side.

Unemployment 'is as low as it's ever been'

They've sacked thousands of soldiers, sailors and airmen and advertise on TV to give the illusion that they care about the forces.

It's scandalous that the Lifeboats have to go round rattling tins.

We can't afford road sweepers, park keepers, childcare, Police personnel, fire stations, Ambulance Stations, nurse, doctors, roads, street lighting, etc etc etc.

They care about financial cost, but don't give a damn about the human cost.

Every time a Tory opens their big fat mouth, it's always about money.

Saving money. How much will it cost? Who's going to pay for it? We haven't got the money. Labour (Tory Labour) left the country skint when Tory Blair and Gordon Brown went. It's ALWAYS the last Labour (Blairs Tory) Government to blame. 

Socially, the country's on it's knees and financially, it's not much better.

On Question Time the other night, a slimy Tory was STILL blaming the last Labour Government.

For his benefit, when the whole Capitalist world collapsed in 2008 and the Government made every UK citizen bail out the Banks and the Global companies, IT WAS A TORY GOVERNMENT.

Under this great Government, we've lost shop after shop after shop, service after service after service, company after company after company and any hope or ambitions that many of our youth had.

On top of that, this 'skint Government' who can't set on medical staff or Police to 'keep us safe' are about to waste billions on a train that very few need,  and most don't want.

Do they listen to the public?

Err, no. They don't. 

Edited by Hotmale 1954

1 minute ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I rarely believe Government figures .... especially Tory Government figures.

Oh here we go. 'The figures don't match my personal opinion and therefore they must be wrong..' 

The Office for National Statistics is independent by the way. 

34 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

The debt didn't 'balloon' because of the missed targets. The debt ballooned because of the high annual deficit. The debt increased by more than the Tories predicted when they hoped to tackle the deficit sooner, but the debt would be much much higher if the deficit hadn't been tackled at all. Your annual payments to service the debt would be much higher too. But I think you know that. 

Again. It ballooned way beyond projected   levels precisely because they failed to hit every single target for years on end. You can’t escape that no matter how much you try and twist things.

There are numerous reasons for that self-inflicted failure and I’m happy to explain them all day long

2 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Oh here we go. 'The figures don't match my personal opinion and therefore they must be wrong..' 

As it was in 2010 and onwards when the Tories were screwing things up

Edited by I1L2T3

4 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

That's why it says Gov.Uk on it then.

If the Government tell me it's an independent survey,I don't believe them.

Someone's been paid by the Government to produce the 'independent' survey.

Of course it's independent.

Just now, I1L2T3 said:

Again. It ballooned way beyond projected   levels precisely because they failed to hit every single target for years on end. You can’t escape that no matter how much you try and twist things.

There are numerous reasons for that self-inflicted failure and I’m happy to explain them all day long

I'm not twisting anything.  The deficit reduction target was finally met in 2017 when the original target was 2015. Because of this two year delay, the debt grew higher than the original prediction. I've already said all that. 

It is fact however that the debt would be much higher, and your annual payments to that debt much higher, if the deficit wasn't reduced. It's simple economics. 

7 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

You don't agree with my personal opinion and you're not slow to tell me I'm wrong.

Of course if I don't agree with them, they're wrong ................ in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

That's why it says Gov.Uk on it then.

If the Government tell me it's an independent survey,I don't believe them.

Someone's been paid by the Government to produce the 'independent' survey.

Of course it's independent.

Jeez. 

I hope you don't ever use statistics to make a point then, as that facile argument will be used against you..