The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

38 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Peddling stereotypes of benefit recipients is amusing, isn't it? Lefties are the epitome of hypocrisy 

There was no stereotype of benefit recipient to laugh at. Apologies if you were offended, none was meant.

3 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

The most democratic thing is to ask the people again.

I can't see why a second referendum would be democratic. The side that looses will still be un satisfied. And why would a second referendum be more valid than the first? And it seems that dozens of Labour MP's are against a second referendum if this is true then a second vote is dead in the water.

Edited by hobinfoot

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

Perhaps the Brexit crowd are afraid that the Leave campaign will have to tell the truth this time!

Thats why i want a second one, the whole "debate" was nothing but lies, the whole thing, i think now we do have facts and actual things that have come out since.

2 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

I can't see why a second referendum would be democratic. The side that looses will still be un satisfied. And why would a second referendum be more valid than the first?

Because the whole thing was built on lies, there was no real debate, no facts, no plans, just lies, we now know a lot more than we did. the only reason leavers call it undemocratic and dont want one is because they are scared of losing their precious only chance of a brexit.

11 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

I can't see why a second referendum would be democratic. The side that looses will still be un satisfied. And why would a second referendum be more valid than the first? And it seems that dozens of Labour MP's are against a second referendum if this is true then a second vote is dead in the water.

It would be more valid based on:

1. The new information we have

2. The chance to run it clean this time, without illegality

3. The chance to take into account the potential malign activities of other states

4. Recognition of the shift in demographics

5. The chance to review participation of Brits overseas who were unfairly excluded last time

6. Acknowledgement of shifting public opinion

7. It augments the democratic process in parliament which has not been effective in resolving how we exit

Above all the process of democracy isn’t static. The very definition of it revolves around what the electorate think now

Its time to consider another vote

4 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Thats why i want a second one, the whole "debate" was nothing but lies, the whole thing, i think now we do have facts and actual things that have come out since.

Because the whole thing was built on lies, there was no real debate, no facts, no plans, just lies, we now know a lot more than we did. the only reason leavers call it undemocratic and dont want one is because they are scared of losing their precious only chance of a brexit.

I listened to the debates in 2016 and made up my mind to remain. I've never really thought that all of it was based on lies. I believe most people made a calculated decision on what they thought was the best for themselves and I've always excepted this.