The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

7 minutes ago, Fudbeer said:

We already voted to leave, I voted remain but respect the vote a further referendum if needed should only be held on the conditions not a re -vote on the original stay/leave option.

what some people refer to as the second referendum, is actually the first referendum on whatever deal the government manages to cobble together.

And the anti-semitism problem runs on.  At least Jezza must be happier that the press are going for his party members rather than him.

Chris Williamson: Tom Watson demands Labour suspends MP who claimed party was 'too apologetic' over antisemitism

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/chris-williamson-labour-antisemitism-tom-watson-suspend-corbyn-a8799016.html

Labour anti-Semitism figures confirmed on TV as Barry Gardiner claims number is 'tiny'

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/labour-anti-semitism-figures-confirmed-14045143

What I don't understand though is why Tom Watson is dealing with this?   Is it because Jennie Formby hasn't done her job properly?

20 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

The Ireland thing you’ve written there is a big lie, changes were made for the second vote and if you took a poll in Ireland now I’d wager about 70% would vote to remain. But keep peddling falsehoods if it makes you feel better.

I suspect the numbers in Holland would be equally high.

I'm offended by your remark!

I'm not really.

I may be mistaken, but I don't lie.

Please retract your remark.

I must have believed someone else's lie in the first place.

Funny though, I was talking to 2 Irish 'outers' yesterday who lived through the two votes and they told me what happened.

I can't have got it wrong after only 24 hours can I?

They were there. Were you?

I also agree that some Labour people are apologising too much.

The level of anti semitism in the Labour Party is no better, or worse than in any other Party.

Moaning about Israel and it's deeds is not anti Jewish, it's anti Israel.

Are you telling me that anti Israel feeling is only present in the Labour Party?

Edited by Hotmale 1954

2 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I'm offended by your remark!

I'm not really.

I may be mistaken, but I don't lie.

Please retract your remark.

I must have believed someone else's lie in the first place.

Funny though, I was talking to 2 Irish 'outers' yesterday who lived through the two votes and they told me what happened.

I can't have got it wrong after only 24 hours can I?

They were there. Were you?

I also agree that some Labour people are apologising too much.

The level of anti semitism in the Labour Party is no better, or worse than in any other Party.

Moaning about Israel and it's deeds is not anti Jewish, it's anti Israel.

Are you telling me that anti Israel feeling is only present in the Labour Party?

Be offended then, I’m not fussed.

what you wrote regarding the “rerun” of the Irish referendum tells me one of two things. One, you’re very uninformed about it (or your friends were) or youre 

deliberately pushing an agenda.

im not retracting anything.

On 22/02/2019 at 22:40, WiseOwl182 said:

No, they saved us in 1979 and 2010.

"The 1976 IMF Crisis was a financial crisis in the United Kingdom in 1976 which forced James Callaghan's Labour Party government to borrow $3.9 billion ($17.2 billion in2018) from the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the largest loan ever to have been requested from the IMF."

A direct result of the "Barber Boom" under the Heath government.

7 hours ago, alchresearch said:

And the anti-semitism problem runs on.  At least Jezza must be happier that the press are going for his party members rather than him.

Chris Williamson: Tom Watson demands Labour suspends MP who claimed party was 'too apologetic' over antisemitism

That is kind of the point Chris Williamson is making. 

Caving into constant allegations of anti-semitism won’t stop the allegations, it will cause them to be increased.

4 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Be offended then, I’m not fussed.

what you wrote regarding the “rerun” of the Irish referendum tells me one of two things. One, you’re very uninformed about it (or your friends were) or youre 

deliberately pushing an agenda.

im not retracting anything.

My Irish friends would tie you in knots.

They went back to Belfast yesterday and have forgotten more about the Irish problems than you're ever likely to know.

They don't sit around all day drinking Guinness, they're very intelligent, intellectual people with 60 years experience.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

If they're all that intelligent  why did 67% fall for such an obvious rerun then? I would hope your friends have a better grasp of Irish history than me but I'm fairly certain on the result of that second referendum. 

If I recall correctly, l00b was in Ireland at that time. I suspect he might well have a different slant to yours.

20 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

My Irish friends would tie you in knots.

They went back to Belfast yesterday and have forgotten more about the Irish problems than you're ever likely to know.

They don't sit around all day drinking Guinness, they're very intelligent, intellectual people with 60 years experience.

If they already lived in Belfast at the time, they did not vote in that Irish referendum about the Lisbon Treaty. Afraid I'm 100% with tinfoilhat on this one.

You claimed your NI friends to be 'outers', which I'll take to mean pro-Brexit: that just shows how smart they are :lol:

EDIT : snap tinfoilhat, was just perusing the thread. I'm properly fed up of setting this "EU made the Irish vote until they got it right" tripe  to rights time and time and time againIt's as if people cannot process factual information, and just want to stay ignorant in case objectivity proves catching or something.

Edited by L00b

They didn't vote in the Irish Referendum obviously. Anyone who voted to remain were in the minority, so that makes the 52% of the British who wanted out to be thickos then.

I never expected you to agree with me. Whatever gave you that impression? 

As seems to be the normal attitude to have amongst non Labour supporters, I'm going to adopt a similar 'oh so superior attitude' and tell you ''im right, you’re all wrong''

You're all liars and provide spurious figures to support your cause.

Edited by Hotmale 1954