The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

29 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Here you go:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-party-antisemitism-corbyn-laura-murray-a8807576.html

Although you could get the most of the story from the first link.

Is this what's called "deflection"?

Really?

Even the full story leaves me none the wiser. Apparently a relative of Len Murray has been proposed for secondment to a committee dealing with antisemitic complaints.

Apparently the usual voices on the right of the party are condemning this proposal because she may or may not be being sued for libel by Rachel Riley.

Without knowing why, this just seems to be yet another example of ‘throw muck and see what sticks’.

It is quite telling that despite the current narrative being that Labour is drowning in antisemitism, no one seems to be able to demonstrate this beyond some very old holocaust denial comments from Muslim councillors.

17 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Really?

Even the full story leaves me none the wiser. Apparently a relative of Len Murray has been proposed for secondment to a committee dealing with antisemitic complaints.

Apparently the usual voices on the right of the party are condemning this proposal because she may or may not be being sued for libel by Rachel Riley.

Without knowing why, this just seems to be yet another example of ‘throw muck and see what sticks’.

It is quite telling that despite the current narrative being that Labour is drowning in antisemitism, no one seems to be able to demonstrate this beyond some very old holocaust denial comments from Muslim councillors.

I like you as a poster TCH.  You're polite and intelligent.

But I have to tell you that your refusal to accept what is right in front of you or to attribute it to fake news or some kind of establishmetn conspiracy is absolutely no different to the one-eyed approach taken by Tommy's and Trump's followers.  PRECISELY out of the same playbook.

50 minutes ago, bendix said:

But I have to tell you that your refusal to accept what is right in front of you or to attribute it to fake news or some kind of establishmetn conspiracy 

I refuse to accept anything that I see very little evidence for. I have never subscribed to this 'well of course it is', 'everyone knows that' or 'it must be!' line of reasoning.  Most people I know in real life (outside of work) believe that immigrants are not only entitled to greater benefits but have priority on housing waiting lists. Completely bonkers I know, but taken as gospel by those who believe it to the point where requests for evidence are seen as unecessary because 'everyone knows it's true'. Because many people say that something is true doesn't in itself make it so.

I try to provide evidence to back up any claims that I make and expect to see the same in return. The only evidence I have ever seen of antisemitic behaviour by Labour Party members was Holocaust denial by certain Muslim councillors in Bradford and London and that was almost a decade ago. What is often provided as evidence of antisemitism actually turns out to be either criticism of Zionism, the actions of the State of Israel or uncritical support for the people of Palestine in the occupied territories. None of those things are antisemitic and are also supported by many Jewish people on the left of British politics. Any unattributable and evidence-free conspiracy theories on social media are simply that and prove nothing other than there are plenty of idiots on the internet.

So strip out the trolls, the stuff that is not antisemitic, stuff which can't be attributed to Labour members or supporters and what you end up with is an awful lot of smoke, but not a great deal of fire.

There is no establishment conspiracy, simply an unholy alliance between parts of the right wing of the Labour Party and London based Zionists who have found common cause in something which both attacks Corbyn and shuts down legitimate criticism of the state of Israel. The overwhelmingly anti-Corbyn media are quite happy to stand back and cheer from the sidelines while ignoring the story that the state of Israel is engaged in interference in UK politics in a much more obvious way than Russia interfered in the Brexit campaign.

Evidence is everything.

5 hours ago, CaptainSwing said:

Revealing article about Chuka Umunna here.  To paraphrase:

1. Due to his middle class, mixed race background, he's never really met any white working class people, but he's been told that they're all a bunch of racists, so he probably wouldn't like them if he did.  In any case, they're not part of the 'modern Britain' that he and his Independent Group colleagues are 'more representative of'.

2. He's realised that he and his fellow Blairite entryists never really belonged in the Labour Party.  [Could have told him that 20 years ago.]

I read the article and didn't get your first interpretation from it. He was told white working class people would not vote for a BAME leader. Nothing about not liking them or not belonging in his vision of modern Britain.

7 hours ago, WiseOwl182 said:

I read the article and didn't get your first interpretation from it. He was told white working class people would not vote for a BAME leader. Nothing about not liking them or not belonging in his vision of modern Britain.

All the ones who weren't bell ends would.

12 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

There is no establishment conspiracy, simply an unholy alliance between parts of the right wing of the Labour Party and London based Zionists who have found common cause in something which both attacks Corbyn and shuts down legitimate criticism of the state of Israel. The overwhelmingly anti-Corbyn media are quite happy to stand back and cheer from the sidelines while ignoring the story that the state of Israel is engaged in interference in UK politics in a much more obvious way than Russia interfered in the Brexit campaign.

Evidence is everything.

Another play straight out of the Tommy Robinson / Donald Trump book. 

15 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Really?

So the far left and far right have similar views on workers’s rights, racial equality, women’s rights, disabled rights, LBGTQ rights, wealth distribution, law and order, capital and corporal punishment, education, abortion rights, religion, education, free thinking, and democracy?

I would say that their views are actually polar opposites. 🙄

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_theory

17 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Really?

Not quite.   

The same relative has had to hurriedly delete her Twitter posts and account because she got into a spat by lying about Rachel Riley and is now having to deal with a libel case.

Someone handling antisemitic complaints needs to be whiter than white, not fighting online with Jews.

Edited by alchresearch

Another dark turn.  I just wish this would get dealt with once and for all.

The Labour Party may have unlawfully discriminated against Jewish people, the UK's human rights watchdog says.

The Equalities and Human Rights Commission said it was considering launching a formal investigation into anti-Semitism in the party.

Anti-Semitism: Labour faces possible human rights probe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47482048