The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

2 hours ago, the_bloke said:

Sorry, I've been a bit busy.

no worries, you should post when you want to post, never feel obliged to post, sometimes i really cant be bothered to post a reply myself, but usually i do, thanks for the reply by the way

1 hour ago, CaptainSwing said:

I don't think I understand this post.

What's wrong with a mainstream party representing views that you don't disagree with?  Which views are those - do you mean things like nationalisation, which is popular generally?  Why would espousing popular policies that you agree with be a bad thing?

It’s perfectly fine to represent them. I don’t have a problem with that. The Labour Party I always supported was a wide collection of different strands and groups. You had the left but also the centre right. The problem I have is that policies from the left have captured the whole agenda and are gradually squeezing all others out.

It’s not just policy about Palestine and Israel. It also explains the policy towards Brexit, for a long time a goal of the left of the party. Their Brexit vision is one of bizarre utter left wing insanity.

Like I said they’re down the rabbit hole. No better than those on the hard right. Just as nasty. Just as vicious.

45 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

It’s perfectly fine to represent them. I don’t have a problem with that. The Labour Party I always supported was a wide collection of different strands and groups. You had the left but also the centre right. The problem I have is that policies from the left have captured the whole agenda and are gradually squeezing all others out.

It’s not just policy about Palestine and Israel. It also explains the policy towards Brexit, for a long time a goal of the left of the party. Their Brexit vision is one of bizarre utter left wing insanity.

Like I said they’re down the rabbit hole. No better than those on the hard right. Just as nasty. Just as vicious.

but the left was actually squeezed out, through the years the left were forced out of the party,  candidates to the right of the party were parachuted in to safe seats and left leaning candidates were not usually put forward, the right made damn sure that they were in control,  and wanted it kept that way, that is why we are at the stage where it is mostly dominated by centrists and people of the right,  except Corbyn has thrown one big huge spanner in the works, now the party members are demanding that they should have a right in whom they select, and that is how it should be...the power struggle that is happening now is all down to the rights trying to prevent a left take over...but democracy should not be thwarted

7 hours ago, banjodeano said:

but the left was actually squeezed out, through the years the left were forced out of the party,  candidates to the right of the party were parachuted in to safe seats and left leaning candidates were not usually put forward, the right made damn sure that they were in control,  and wanted it kept that way, that is why we are at the stage where it is mostly dominated by centrists and people of the right,  except Corbyn has thrown one big huge spanner in the works, now the party members are demanding that they should have a right in whom they select, and that is how it should be...the power struggle that is happening now is all down to the rights trying to prevent a left take over...but democracy should not be thwarted

Indeed.

And let's not forget that during this time the Tories' right wing policies have also become more extreme and enjoyed unfettered progression to the point where they now have a full Neoliberal agenda; the Banks, the multinationals, super-rich  and the mega-Corporations are in charge, and totally unchallenged, until the arrival of Jeremy Corbyn. He intends to redress the balance with a return to proper democracy and fairness.  No wonder they are so desperate to get rid of him, by fair means or foul.

7 hours ago, Anna B said:

Indeed.

And let's not forget that during this time the Tories' right wing policies have also become more extreme and enjoyed unfettered progression to the point where they now have a full Neoliberal agenda; the Banks, the multinationals, super-rich  and the mega-Corporations are in charge, and totally unchallenged, until the arrival of Jeremy Corbyn. He intends to redress the balance with a return to proper democracy and fairness.  No wonder they are so desperate to get rid of him, by fair means or foul.

lol

A piece about the new book about Corbyn and the supposed lies and mis truths in it about him

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/tom-bower-book-dangerous-hero-jeremy-corbyn-labour-leader-truth

interestingly the author of this piece says

Meanwhile, Bower’s ruminations have been publicised at enormous length in the Mail on Sunday (a sister publication to the Daily Mail, for which I write a weekly political column). [/quote

which means

A: he knows exactly what a lie is.

B: he isnt biased towards labour being part of the right wing daily mail?

Edited by melthebell

36 minutes ago, melthebell said:

A piece about the new book about Corbyn and the supposed lies and mis truths in it about him

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/tom-bower-book-dangerous-hero-jeremy-corbyn-labour-leader-truth

interestingly the author of this piece says

Thanks for the link..

i feel sorry for the gullible  people who bought the book and  didnt  realise it was  a work of fiction

On 08/03/2019 at 10:07, alchresearch said:

This is what I don't understand.  I supported and voted Labour in every election from 1992 to 2010. 

In all that time my concern was with UK politics and getting the Tories out.  Jews, Israel and Zionism wasn't even on my list, and still isn't.  I don't recall any election leaflets in Sheffield concerning anything other than the other two parties.

And I don't understand this:

Labour conference: Members fill hall with Palestinian flags
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45634379

Don't we have enough things in the UK to care about?  Which country does the Labour party want to represent?

it probably because of things like this

https://www.democracynow.org/2019/3/4/un_finds_israel_intentionally_shot_children?fbclid=IwAR2ChvMM_eeLn2g_4HqBc42ANyTcrpbr8DreL814544qwta2T8N-mnSOrwU

U.N. Finds Israel Intentionally Shot Children, Journalists & the Disabled During Gaza Protests

2 hours ago, banjodeano said:

it probably because of things like this

https://www.democracynow.org/2019/3/4/un_finds_israel_intentionally_shot_children?fbclid=IwAR2ChvMM_eeLn2g_4HqBc42ANyTcrpbr8DreL814544qwta2T8N-mnSOrwU

U.N. Finds Israel Intentionally Shot Children, Journalists & the Disabled During Gaza Protests

just a thought how did the disabled get the front of the protests?

7 minutes ago, phil752 said:

just a thought how did the disabled get the front of the protests?

The report found Israeli forces have killed 183 Palestinians—almost all of them with live ammunition.

The dead included 35 children. Twenty-three thousand people were injured, including over 6,000 shot by live ammunition. 

and you ask how did the disabled get to the front?

you need to ask different questions Phil..